Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Results thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

machalla wrote: »
    Only thing better would have been a cage match between himself and Bolton..

that would make a good episode of celebrity deathmatch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

anyone else kinda worried for obama now... is that bullet proof glass surrounding his stage? i hope so...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Obama speech live from Chicago now. Started about 2/3 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

This is some DEADLY BUZZ!

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Brilliant by Obama - first election campaign promise delivered - a puppy for the White House

<insert lolpuppycats w Obama image here>

I think those neard the stage had to go through extensive security checks - there was something like 60,000 tickets for the inner area

i predict a ten percent gain in us stocks tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

whats a maths child?:D

Oh bugger it, it's far to late/early to be up. I'm going to sleep.:o

oh thank god i took tomorrow off

On the BBC there just saw transparent screens.

I wonder if Obama could borrow CNN's hologram tech for future public appearances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Nice anecdote re the 106 year-old woman in Atlanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Amazing speech by Obama so far !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Excellent speech there by Obama - explained that it would be hard and dampened down the hype a bit.

didn't think the speech was great to be honest, definately when compared against his famous 13 minute speech from the primaries

right i am wrecked! been an historic night and a great race, Congrats to Obama and Biden but now i'm off to bed...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Well, well writen speech. He covered just about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

The music makes it look like the final scene in a movie...

Roll the credits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

The music makes it look like the final scene in a movie...

Roll the credits!

Newsreaders in sky still haven't returned:p

time to get some kip methinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

anyone else kinda worried for obama now... is that bullet proof glass surrounding his stage? i hope so...

I am!

anywho yay obama!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's been hours and still no results for Ind, Mo and NC. Won't someone please colour in the map!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's been hours and still no results for Ind, Mo and NC. Won't someone please colour in the map!

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Does anyone have figures on me for the share of the popular vote rather that went to Obama? Was it over 55% for example? I cant seem to find any and after last night my brain is not exactly firing on all cylinders.
    Anyone else struggle to get into work this morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

53 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Does anyone have figures on me for the share of the popular vote rather that went to Obama? Was it over 55% for example? I cant seem to find any and after last night my brain is not exactly firing on all cylinders.

9am lectures on 3 hours sleep FTW. >.>

Delighted to see Obama win. Gutted to see Prop 8 passing in CA.

9am lectures on 3 hours sleep FTW. >.>

Delighted to see Obama win. Gutted to see Prop 8 passing in CA.

Jesus I didnt see that about prop 8. Oh well. 2 steps forward and one back Im afraid.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I finally resolved to go to sleep at 4.15 local time. Got as far as removing my shoes when the babby woke up. Got a total of about 45 minutes sleep, got up still dressed, showered, pushed cereal into my face and went out, remembered I left my bike at work and legged it to the bus stop. Then realised I'd forgotten to check the result before I left the house...

It's been mercifully quiet so far today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Heh

Bolton has sneaked away from the BBC coverage he's no longer there.

I think that last iinterview with the farmer and his wife really got to him :D

Ok I gave up around 3.30 job as believed was done at that stage, so want to know if that gob***** bolton made it back onto the BBC panel.
    It made their coverage that bit better, it was nice move having Shama doing contortions beside him while he was steaming up.
    It is a good thing he didn't see/heard Ross/Brand or he would really have been upset about BBC letting itself go :rolleyes:
    He was apolpeltic (spelling ??) about the reporter in Colorado.

RTE seemed to just collect a bunch of heads across in the UCD bar and then appeared to be lifting results coverage off every other network :rolleyes:
    CNN (throught TV3) had too many breaks but wasn't bad.
    My TV doesn't get fox news since it had a sh*** detector installed :D

Anyway up Obama and up Biden (a great honorary Mayo man) :D

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement

I finally resolved to go to sleep at 4.15 local time. Got as far as removing my shoes when the babby woke up. Got a total of about 45 minutes sleep, got up still dressed, showered, pushed cereal into my face and went out, remembered I left my bike at work and legged it to the bus stop. Then realised I'd forgotten to check the result before I left the house...

It's been mercifully quiet so far today though.

That sucks. with the strength of cocopops and Aldi Coffee (Shocking stuff actually) I made it till 3:30, but it was a pretty clear call at that stage for Obama. BBC seemed much more willing to call it on the maths involved as state results came in.
    Sucks that the baby woke up, but you would have to almost expect it! Sods law!

Advertisement