Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic Corps in Oranmore this morning

Options
  • 04-11-2008 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

are pulling over queue jumpers who are entering the Dublin road roundabout in the left lane and then trying to sneak around and take the third exit for Galway.
    Every few months they do this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Good on them. There is nothing worse than coming around from the Galway side and heading to Oranmore. You try to take the exit and somebody is about to cut across the front of you.

That roundabout though does cause much annoyance to me. If Im heading back towards Limerick and the Dublin road is congested like nobodys business they are all backed up around the roundabout and back down to the Quality Hotel rounadbout.

Should I actually stay in the left lane and patiently wait until I get to the roundabout or drive in the right hand lane and take the second exit?

I know which one I should but I dont because I could be waiting 10minutes instead of 0 minutes. Obviously when the road is quiet I stay in the left lane, its only during the madest of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Did anyone see the van on the coast road heading from Oranmore into Galway this morning? I only seen it in my mirror as I headed the other way but there was a small flap open in the back and I pretty sure I seen what looked like a camera pointing out? Anyone else see it or confirm my suspicions??

It was a white big van/small truck size and it was parked in the middle of nowhere about half a mile out the road from the Garda station.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They should do this exercise once a week. Same for Shannon bridge roundabout in Limerick.

Advertisement