Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts V Views

Options
  • 04-11-2008 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

Have noticed that, during the limited time that I have been posting here, threads generate a lot of 'views' but limited posts.
    An example would be my invitation for any local (Westmeath) Spurs fans to join me to watch the game against Arsenal.
    Perhaps this is the way on such boards in Ireland..when a member of spurscommunity.co.uk, most threads would generate significant responses.
    I am not 'running down' this forum but am surprised at the lack of activity given what appears to be a substantial supporter base in Ireland.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Maybe people just couldn't believe there was broadband in westmeath :eek::eek::eek:

Na, Ya its a constant thing on all the forums, think alot of people just look at boards for info. I was the same untill I got a job that had its own internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

yeah alot of people who work with internet access will e th eones who reply regularly but if its at home most will just have a quick browse...

i have noticed this as well but when you get a response it usually is worth the wait. most posters have an opinion worth listening too and even the ones who dont are quite good at the debate side of a discussion(i had to delete the word argument there!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm sure we also get a lot of non-Spurs supporting fans dropping by for a quick look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

ziedth wrote: »
    Maybe people just couldn't believe there was broadband in westmeath :eek::eek::eek:
    Na, Ya its a constant thing on all the forums, think alot of people just look at boards for info. I was the same untill I got a job that had its own internet access.

Cheeky fecker...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

At least one view in all threads will be checking the contents as mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

An excellent point raised from Bolt. I think the Title Thread is the reason for views.

eg. Recent Thread Titles on this forum included

Spurs in Galway Replies: 1 Views: 80
    (A fellow yiddo asking best place to watch the game in a pub in galway however I fancy a high number of those views may have initially read it as: Spurs are coming to Galway maybe for some charity function or friendly with Galway United etc)

Spurs/Arse in Westmeath Replies: 1 Views:56
    (Again a perfectly good question asking if anyone fancied a meet up to watch the Spurs Arsenal game however some may have viewed the title thread and misinterpreted it completely different)

I've also noticed if you include anything in the Thread title such as Pool, Man U, Ronaldo, Rooney, Anfield, Old Trafford etc etc then regardless of the number of replies, you'll get hundreds and hundreds of views. Most viewers have zero interest in replying to a spurs forum post but are purely browsing.

Thats my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

RichMc70 wrote: »
    An excellent point raised from Bolt. I think the Title Thread is the reason for views.

eg. Recent Thread Titles on this forum included

Spurs in Galway Replies: 1 Views: 80
    (A fellow yiddo asking best place to watch the game in a pub in galway however I fancy a high number of those views may have initially read it as: Spurs are coming to Galway maybe for some charity function or friendly with Galway United etc)

Spurs/Arse in Westmeath Replies: 1 Views:56
    (Again a perfectly good question asking if anyone fancied a meet up to watch the Spurs Arsenal game however some may have viewed the title thread and misinterpreted it completely different)

I've also noticed if you include anything in the Thread title such as Pool, Man U, Ronaldo, Rooney, Anfield, Old Trafford etc etc then regardless of the number of replies, you'll get hundreds and hundreds of views. Most viewers have zero interest in replying to a spurs forum post but are purely browsing.

Thats my opinion.

Ok very good theory i'm going to start an experiment, If the therecklessone doesn't like it then Delete the post by all means. I'll start a Thread Something Dodgy with UTD or rooney in the title and see how many views it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lads, it's just the way forums tend to work.

A lot of people choose to read every thread, some just pick and choose baed on thread titles. I wouldn't be getting worked up about it, as it is there are maybe only 20 regular posters on this forum so it's natural that some threads will get little or no replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

We have a better reply to view % than Spurscommunity.co.uk. And some like me just drop in very occasionally here so threads I read threads are often "stale" by the time I've read them in the sense that it is old news from a couple of days ago.

Advertisement