Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in the city!

Options
  • 04-11-2008 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am really struggling to find somewhere nice for lunch in Limerick. South’s pub do a good carvery with a choice of hot meals, salads, soup and sandwiches but unfortunately not on a Sunday  Can anyone recommend somewhere thats good, reasonably price, and serves a good lunch on a Sunday – doesn’t have to be a carvery.

Thanks,
    Tom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Absolute hotel does a nice lunch on a Sunday. Bruchetta Bar does lovely lunches but not sure if it's open on Sunday's for lunch. Nice food in the Marriott and the George too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

or if you're not above travelling a little bit out of town you could try the greenhills, they do a nice carvery lunch, also many of the restaurants around town do lunch menus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Blunder

What about Luigi Malones on O'Connell Street opposite the George. Reasonable price for lunch and has a pretty good menu. Not your traditional Sunday lunch menu but pretty much something to cater for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Blunder wrote: »
    What about Luigi Malones on O'Connell Street opposite the George. Reasonable price for lunch and has a pretty good menu. Not your traditional Sunday lunch menu but pretty much something to cater for everyone.

One of the party is allergic to garlic so Italian not the best idea!

Absolute hotel does a nice lunch on a Sunday. Bruchetta Bar does lovely lunches but not sure if it's open on Sunday's for lunch. Nice food in the Marriott and the George too.

Might try the Mariott - live near so it would be easy to stumble out of!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Smyths bar does a carvery i think. A few pubs do it now actually but I dont know what the food is like.

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    Smyths bar does a carvery i think. A few pubs do it now actually but I dont know what the food is like.

Where is Smyths?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have heard that the Greenhills is susposed to do a fantastic lunch, not in the city but that's all I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Smyths is across from Nacy Blakes. If you got to the Mothercare end of cruises street and go down the hill, you'll see it straight across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i wouldn't bother with louigi malones,,,dont know if i can say this here but for hygene reasons i wouldnt go near the place,,finnigenas on the dublin rd do a nice lunch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Au Bars do great food...not sure about Sunday however.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparkman

I agree with Millie. If they're open on Sundays, Aubars is def worth a visit.
    I've spent the last few saturdays looking for a good midday fry-up :pac:
    John St. deli is a grand spot. Also tried the italian cafe up on Mallow st (beside the shoe repairs place). They actually do an OK fry but when my girlfriend asked for the veggie breakfast, it wasn't a nice plate of hash browns, eggs n mushrooms. Nope. A big plate of olives, spinach, artichokes and some roasted peppers. All straight outta the fridge. It was actually too funny to complain.

Millie wrote: »
    Au Bars do great food...not sure about Sunday however.

Have been here - good food but not really 'lounge over the Sunday papers with a pint' kind of place!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

sparkman wrote: »
    I agree with Millie. If they're open on Sundays, Aubars is def worth a visit.
    I've spent the last few saturdays looking for a good midday fry-up :pac:
    John St. deli is a grand spot. Also tried the italian cafe up on Mallow st (beside the shoe repairs place). They actually do an OK fry but when my girlfriend asked for the veggie breakfast, it wasn't a nice plate of hash browns, eggs n mushrooms. Nope. A big plate of olives, spinach, artichokes and some roasted peppers. All straight outta the fridge. It was actually too funny to complain.

John street deli is a great fryup,does the best breakfast rolls in the city imo.
    Aubars do food on a sunday i think,they also do a fry up,well they used to anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Scott's Bar just off the South Circular Road do a nice carvery lunch on a Sunday.

jackncoke wrote: »
    John street deli is a great fryup,does the best breakfast rolls in the city imo.
    Aubars do food on a sunday i think,they also do a fry up,well they used to anyway

the do a good fry alright, was in there last weekend i think, maybe the weekend before, and the food was very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

foinse wrote: »
    the do a good fry alright, was in there last weekend i think, maybe the weekend before, and the food was very nice.
    it doesnt matter what weekend you were in there!!!! :p

zuroph wrote: »
    it doesnt matter what weekend you were in there!!!! :p

Yeah i realised that after i'd posted. lol

Advertisement