Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs with parents!

Options
  • 04-11-2008 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My parents are visiting Limerick the weekend before the All Blacks game. They are both in their 60’s and enjoy a good pub! :D I haven’t been in the city myself for long and tend to go to the ‘younger’ pubs! I am trying to work out a pub crawl for the Friday night & need some suggestions. What I am thinking of so far is:

Start off in Myles Breen’s
    Head to White Horse
    Then maybe Clohesseys – the black & white fronted one.
    Maybe Nancy Blake’s – but it could be too packed if left to late in the evening :rolleyes:

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Hey Tom, why not give the Locke a visit, really nice bar, i wouldn't have thought Nancy's would be a great place to bring the folks, you could also try the bar in The George Hotel,just across the road from Myles Breens, it's a bit fancy looking but a nice atmosphere with a nice crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Kennedy O'Briens
    Glen Tavern
    The Bank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    Kennedy O'Briens
    Glen Tavern
    The Bank

I believe the bank tends to draw a slightly rougher crowd in at the weekends due to their choice in live music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I would give nancy's a miss. It get so packed in there and so loud that you cant move let alone have a conversation through all the smoke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

i would stay up the top side of town so:
    Sextons
    Windmill
    Souths
    Bobby Byrnes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Nancy's would be good in the afternoon, but definitely not later on.

There's a few good ones mentioned above'- Myles, The White House - and you could include The Marriott, The George, The Windmill, Fennessys, Tom Collins.

All depends on what they view as a "good pub"; age isn't the only criteria....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The Locke and the Office would be good pubs to bring parents, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    All depends on what they view as a "good pub"; age isn't the only criteria....

somewhere with a good atmosphere, noce crowd, maybe music but not too loud... more on the traditional side than 'modern & sterile'!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Given your ID Tom Colliins pub has to be a stop great old pub good atmosphere.

If you wanted to start outside town the curraghgower for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

why pub crawl? I thought older people preferred to settle in one nice pub. get in somewhere early and get a table for the night! Tom collins/ The locke would be my recommendations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Windmill Bar for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    Kennedy O'Briens
    Glen Tavern
    The Bank

+1 for The Glen Tavern. Would be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 limerick_guy

Tom Collins is great plus the tv is seldom turned on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The Steering Wheel, The Olympic Arms and then down to The Moose for a few shots!! :eek: :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

zuroph wrote: »
    why pub crawl? I thought older people preferred to settle in one nice pub. get in somewhere early and get a table for the night! Tom collins/ The locke would be my recommendations

My mum grw up in Limerick so would like to see some of the old haunts! Apparently there used to be a pic of some old woman in the 'parlour' of Nancy's - I don't think the Outback existed back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

well theres the snug between the front bar and the outback??

Advertisement