Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting?

Options
  • 04-11-2008 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi, Im looking for advice. Im thinking about getting into accounting/bookkeeping. Im 23 with no leaving cert. I dont know anything really about my options and Im finding it difficult to see the differences between the bodies (IATI, ACCA IBKA, CPA, and whoever else there may be..)! Basically if theres anyone who could tell me what the differences are, what each offer and what (if anything) is open to me, Id really appreciate it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Froggie01

Hi

Depending on your circumstances (children/work/other commitments) you have a few options

Do you want to study part time or full time?

You can so IATI Accounting technician course 2 year partime study. If you are working full time, you will find it difficult to fit everything in.

Classes are usually twice a week (6.30-9.30 or thereabouts) and it can be a real rush to ge there after work.

you can also do it by distance learning, but i would recommend classes so that you can find your feet quickly.

That said, it will give you a good grounding into first steps of accounting , get a recognised qualification and if you decide to continue to ACCA or Chartered (these are the "top" Accountancy bodies) you can get some exemptions to help you along.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rattlenhum

Thanks for your reply froggie.
    Yeah I had a look at IATI but theyre closed for applicants this year:mad: Came across a CAT course with ACCA though. Has anyone any experience with this and how did they find it?

Advertisement