Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking good doctor in the dundalk area

Options
  • 04-11-2008 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

We've been living in the Dundalk area for over a year now and would like to find a decent doctor in the area - is there anyone any of you guys could recommend?

Also seeking out a good physio as well if anyone can recommend also.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Puppies

South Beach Medical Centre, Blackrock, either doctor very good. Unlike many doctors in Dundalk fairly easy to get an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Guvnor wrote: »
    We've been living in the Dundalk area for over a year now and would like to find a decent doctor in the area - is there anyone any of you guys could recommend?

Also seeking out a good physio as well if anyone can recommend also.

Many thanks

Sinead O'Brien is the doc beside Ice House Hill. Really nice girl. Don't have a number handy though.

There ia a physio called Murray on the Carrick Rd. Used to do work with London Irish rugby team. Might be Conor?? His brother is the Ireland Football team's physio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bingles

I go to Dr O'reilly in the medial centre opposite carol village I think he is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Dr. Mishra on the Alphonsus rd. has been our family doctor for years and we would highly recommend her however she can be very busy which can be a good sign too.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Sent you a PM with contact details for very good Physio in Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Thanks everyone - the info is excellent and great to get the personal recommendations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Talula

Dr Paul O'Reilly is very good, bit of character! His wife is the nurse she is lovely too. Very well run surgery, nice waiting area with TV toys for kids etc. Would also recommend the physio place on Mill Street - can't remember name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

There are many fine Doctors around town - the biggest problem is that many of them have closed their books and are not accepting any new patients. Phone first to check if the one you want will take you on their books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

ibh wrote: »
    There ia a physio called Murray on the Carrick Rd. Used to do work with London Irish rugby team. Might be Conor?? His brother is the Ireland Football team's physio.

He is located down by St Vincents now as far as im aware. Physio Ireland or something. And I don't think he's any relation to Ciaran Murray, the Irish football team physio.

In terms of doctors, John Whately in park drive by xtra vision is top notch

Thanks a lot FR!

Will give a few physio's a go - for herself not me and see what gives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Louth Video DVD

I would strongly recommend Dr SARAH O BRIEN she is a pure lady and is SOOOO different from the normal run of the mill version that most people will not move from.

She is not one of those other Doctors who dont investigate any of your complaints... they just write a perscription, sometimes without even looking up from their desk.

She is Genuine about your ailements, and will not perscribe anything ( especially with Children ) until she goes through everything with you first.

Not sure if she is accepting new patients, but try her Surgery in Jocelyn Street on ( 042 ) 9335988

Thanks Louth Video!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

mary grehan is the best in Dundalk, dont have a number handy.
    Dr Shu is the best physio to, located behind the Hospital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 roneart

Looking for a family doctor, who is child/adult friendly, has time for visits..doesn't fob you off with prescriptions..and dont have to make an appointment weeks in advance

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 maggeemay

hear john murphy in mcsweeney street is lovely..when he's there!!! he apparently goes missing sometimes.. my friend tells me that the receptionist in the morning is a 2 faced cow, all sweet asks for the money first and ye could end up with the locum and not know it till yer in the room, she wont tell you the doc you booked isn't there.the one in evening is lovely, helpful and very nice!!!
    and hes opened a new place in blackrock where hes more reachable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

is liam waitley still about, he was my doc there across from xtra vison, beside the old adelphi, cant think of the street name, but I couldn't recommend him enough from when I grew up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shazzaam

Louth Physio barrack street 0429394040

Advertisement