Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Meters in Ireland

Options
  • 04-11-2008 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

As part of a small project I am researching gas meters in Ireland. Apparently old gas meters (>15 years) can be inaccurate by up to 20%. Meaning a business/household could be paying 20% more or less than they should be!

I would greatly appreciate if you can supply details (type, model no.) of any gas meter in your business/home so that I can check the age and expected tolerances for such meters and compile a report with this data. I will post my results when complete.

Thanks,

Lyn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Never ever heard anyone complaining about this before.

Where did you get that imformation from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lyn82

311 wrote: »
    Never ever heard anyone complaining about this before.

Where did you get that imformation from?

It is a known fact that the accuracy of a meter deteriorates over time. The factors that determine this are meter age, type, model no., quantity of gas that flowed through the meter, internal/external use etc etc

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Can you provide links to this "known fact" that a gas meter can under-report/over-report/actual-report ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I'm in a lot of houses every week and checking meters. I have to be honest ,this sounds very strange and also a strange "project".

Nobody should give out any numbers of their meter ,meter numbers are unique and are just like the registration of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Agreed. Thread is closed until further notice. The OP can contact one of the Consumer Issues mods via PM if they wish to take it further.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement