Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

needed! cheap calls from ire mobile to uk landline!!!

Options
  • 04-11-2008 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi guys!

im new but have had a look around and was wondering if you could help. im with vodephone in dublin and i call my girlfriend in london on her landline for usually an hour a day. i try to use skype but only have the 3 wireless net which is HORRIBLE for skype so am looking for something better. is there any other programs which work better? if not what is the cheapest way to make calls? ive had a quick look at 13434.com but they dont mention rates from mobile to landline.
    cheapcalls.ie cost me 0.28 cents a minute so that wont do. any help would be great!!!

cheers

matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

With 3G there are high latencies (Doesn't matter even if you can download fast) due to the bouncing of signals from mast to mast within the 3G network which isn't ideal for any real time streaming of audio no matter what VoIP provider. At least that is my understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shirtz

Webmonkey wrote: »
    With 3G there are high latencies (Doesn't matter even if you can download fast) due to the bouncing of signals from mast to mast within the 3G network which isn't ideal for any real time streaming of audio no matter what VoIP provider. At least that is my understanding.

yep, thats what ive found. i guess that takes me back to mobile to uk landline. any ideas anyone???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Get an O2 sim card and use 1call. www.1call.ie or call15 www.call15.ie

Advertisement