Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carburettor Overhaul

Options
  • 04-11-2008 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi I am looking for info on a garage called Mac Namara's in the Dublin. I think it in town Dublin City Centre or close to.
    I need to get the Carburettor Overhauled on my 1978 Corvette and was told this was the place to get it done. Has anyone got
    a number or a address for the place

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Yeah, McNamara's is the place you want alright.

Hope you've been saving your pocket money for a while though ;-)

http://www.mcnamaras.ie/main/contact.php3#location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Vintage1

Thanks for that I gave them a call and the said they need the kit to do the job. Would anyone know of a company in the UK that does Amercain Car parts. I just havnt had any luck finding them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

that reminds me, years ago my dad drove to killarney with an old Volvo, took the carburetor off in the park hotel car park put it in a bag and we jumped on the train - the smell was terrible in the carriage:p. got off the train and got a taxi to McNamara's. dropped it in. went back about 3 hours later and it was all shiney new :). back on the train again popped the carburetor back on and she roared into life..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Vintage1

JoeySully wrote: »
    that reminds me, years ago my dad drove to killarney with an old Volvo, took the carburetor off in the park hotel car park put it in a bag and we jumped on the train - the smell was terrible in the carriage:p. got off the train and got a taxi to McNamara's. dropped it in. went back about 3 hours later and it was all shiney new :). back on the train again popped the carburetor back on and she roared into life..

Could you feel much of a differance after it was fixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

yeah they sorted it out well. it was in bad shape before - rubbers worn and weathered

• Advertisement
Advertisement