Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile for camera use

• 04-11-2008 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what anyone would recommend in terms of a phone for taking pictures with? I don't mean stunning outdoor shots, just normal day to day pictures and also at night time, so a flash is quite important. I had an N95, which was excellent, sorry I sold that now - replaced it with a much cheaper N80, which is pathetic. Woeful camera software, with the viewing space cropped heavily on-screen, and the flash automatically reverting to 'off' everytime you take a damn picture. Worst Symbian phone I've ever used to be honest. Had an N73 before that which was also excellent, made the mistake of assuming the N80 would at least be as good as that (which it is on paper, just not in practice).

Will keep an eye out for another N73 I reckon, but the problem with that was the tiny keys - I text a lot so it's quite important.

Any recommendations on other models with decent camera and software? The image quality isn't important once it's at least 1.3 or 2MP - I used to use an old 6680 and that was actually fine for what I wanted, for example. Doesn't have to be new - I know there are some obvious answers, but I'm on a limited budget and it must be Nokia. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Nokia 6500 slide....3.2 camera with flash....why does it have to be a nokia....LG Viewty is a great camera phone and it's cheap on Meteor......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Isn't there a new 8MP camera coming out from LG. Can't think of the name of it but google should throw up a few results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

it's already out....The LG Renior and the Sony C905 are both 8mp....available on 3 at the mo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Nokia 6220 - 5mp and great Xenon flash.
    Or indeed the N82 if you're eBay friendly. Same camera, plus wifi.

Advertisement