Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test in Bray

Options
  • 04-11-2008 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I know there have been other threads elsewhere about the Bray centre, but I was wondering if anyone has done theirs there recently? I have mine next Thursday and the apprehension is only kicking in now. I have a pre-test tomorrow and I'll probably have another one the day beforehand, but I've already been out on 2 of the routes, as 3 of my friends have all done their test there and passed.

I guess what I'm asking is, Is Bray really as easy as they say? Everytime I tell someone I'm doing my test there, they say "Oh, Bray. That's so easy, you'll definitely pass." But now the pressure feels immense, because I think that if I don't pass here, I won't pass anywhere! From what I've experienced, the drive does seem a hell of a lot easier compared to Wicklow, but at the same time, I still feel like there's a catch or something...like there's no way it could be easier..

anyone care to share their experiences in Bray? I hear they have a 3rd route which they don't use very ofetn...but it brings you on to the N11. Anyone here brought on that one?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

the test in wicklow and bray are conducted the very same, the only difference is the type of driving you do, wicklow is full of hills and narrow tight roads, you have 1 traffic light and 2 pedestrian crossings, Bray is more a city type of drive, The n11 route is the in bray, they go up the dargle to fassaroe, do the reverse then go into james everrit park turnabout then back up the dargle back towards the test centre, its route 4....the have a route they dont use very often, goes down newcourt road up putland hill, down the main st. and back around by the herbert road, hill start in ardmore.......
    Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Know the area well, don't worry what people say, it's up to your ability and how you drive on the day as well what mood the tester could be in. From experience, Bray is a very closed town, especially main street, you can pick up lots of marks driving in traffic than on the straight IMO - just remember everytime you pull off in traffic (even a few foot) to do your observation checks, and the every 15sec or 100ft mirror check on the straight.

Best of luck, go in positive, and come out positive whatever the outcome. I'm doing a block of pre-tests before my test (on a Tuesday), doing one on Friday, Saturday and Monday prior as well as an hour on the morning just before I go in. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Thanks for the info there guys.

My instructor was saying that none of the routes bring you into the town except the one where you turn up just opposite the mermaid theatre.

He also said that there are 5 possible routes but they all cover the same areas; southern cross, boghall road, killarney road, herbert road and the vevay. But sure I haven't done the test yet, so I don't know!

Don't like the turn right out of the hotel and from Ashfield on the boghall, it's very difficult to judge the oncoming traffic and when to go. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 wicklow eoin

There are 4 routes.........one of them does go down the main street, but they dont use it that often, as it goes past pres bray and loreto. The Important thing about coming out the gate is use your handbrake. and wait until its safe to go( as its a busy road). When you turn into wolfe tone, before you get to o'byrne road be careful of the stop sign ( as there is no line stop at the sign) its a sneaky one. Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Woo, I passed!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Got one grade 1 and two grade 2 marks.

Excellent. Tester was so nice, wasn't nervous at all when I got into the car

• Advertisement
Advertisement