Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does downloading games from Jamster mean additional charges?

• 04-11-2008 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I downloaded a couple of games for my N73 a couple of days ago and got some additional text messages (all the same) from Jamster saying 'stay tuned for more info on releases...'.

Does downloading a game from them mean I am now part of their subscription service and liable for further charges? I'd like to know now rather than wait for my bill so I can stop the nonsense before it starts.

Thanks in advance for any info...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

most likely yes. reply STOP to one of the messages and keep the message in your sent box because they most likely won't stop and you'll have to prove when you sent it to get your money back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    most likely yes. reply STOP to one of the messages and keep the message in your sent box because they most likely won't stop and you'll have to prove when you sent it to get your money back

Dammit...already deleted them. I'll source the number from somewhere and text it immediately.

Thanks Sam!

gscully wrote: »
    Dammit...already deleted them. I'll source the number from somewhere and text it immediately.

Thanks Sam!

oh don't worry about that. they'll text you again soon enough

oh don't worry about that. they'll text you again soon enough

True! I accessed my O2 account and found the number there (three identical texts all cost me €1.65 each!). Anyway, I replied to that number with STOP and also sent an email to their site, so hopefully that'll be that. If not, I now have proof in sent mails...

Thanks again!

gscully wrote: »
    True! I accessed my O2 account and found the number there (three identical texts all cost me €1.65 each!). Anyway, I replied to that number with STOP and also sent an email to their site, so hopefully that'll be that. If not, I now have proof in sent mails...

Thanks again!

hopefully. btw i think that figure is ex vat and they're actually €2 each

• Advertisement

hopefully. btw i think that figure is ex vat and they're actually €2 each

Sounds about right - the game cost €6 and the method is via SMS, so that's probably how they're getting their pound of flesh...

Advertisement