Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forecasting revenue?

Options
  • 04-11-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm currently doing up a proposal for our developers who are interested in partnering with us for the project. The current part of the proposal is taking a more in depth look at marketing strategy as per their request.

They also requested that we make some projections on what kind of revenue growth we can expect. The problem is, I've literally no idea how to figure out how much traffic we will get, and in turn how much revenue we would expect to generate as a result.

I've told them that I don't have a background in this so they know that I don't understand how to arrive at these figures.

So, would you be able to tell me is there any way to safely estimate how much traffic I could expect? The marketing strategy focuses around other sites using our service, so for whatever site integrates what we do on to their site, we'd expect a % of their traffic to come through to our site. But I've no idea what kind of traffic these sites would be getting and so I've no idea what kind of traffic we could expect.

As you can see I'm a bit lost on this, so any advice at all would be brilliant.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

I think the short answer is that you can only guesstimate.

However that said, there are some fairly concrete things you can do.

You can talk about what SEO strategy you will pursue; referencing an assertions made here to best practice or the examples of others that have proved successful will make what you say more meaningful.

Ditto, your marketing strategy, of which SEO a part. Blogs, Newsletters, affiliate programs - whatever you are using.

In the first place I suggest you need a traditional business plan that examines your product, its market and its competitors.

Advertisement