Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cables Everywhere!

• 04-11-2008 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

I have just bought an AV cabinet. There are 9 devices in it, and then I have four networking devices along side it. The big problem I have is that there are cables everywere. Power cables, network cables, connectors etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a cable management system to help make it look more "girlfriend friendly"?

Ideally I would like to put all the power cables into a box so that they are not visible, possibly underneath the cabinet.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

You need a better cabinet if you ask me.
    I had the same problem with a glass cabinet of mine.
    Note : Glass is see through !!! :rolleyes:

I got a nice wooden cabinet with plenty of room for hiding cables etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I like the cabinet. It fits in well with my rooms. Really I am looking for some way to reduce the number of cables. The power cables that go into most of my devices are generic power leads. Is there some kind of a power block that I could put at the back of the cabinet, and then run short leads to each of the devices rather than running the long cables to each device? There is a cable management system at the back of the cabinet, but at the moment I just have too many long cables.

I am going to order some cable ties from ebay to see if I can tidy up some of the long cables. That may make it a little more manageable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Advertisement