Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looks like 333 is for the chop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Following an examination of the Hutchison 3G Ireland Limited (H3GI) website ComReg
    identified that on the “Contact Us” page of the H3GI website H3GI has assigned the
    number “333” as an access number for customer services. This number has not been
    assigned to H3GI from the National Numbering Scheme.

And ComReg only notice this now and only through the 'Contact Us' page on 3's site...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ahh good old comwreck....I wonder how long it'll take them to notice 444.....no fear they'd do anything usefull like shaft eircom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

And ComReg only notice this now and only through the 'Contact Us' page on 3's site...

Yea that is a bit slow on Comreg's behalf!

Pretty sure it has been their contact number since they began advertising in Ireland

Who would have gave them the number in the first place? How do you get a number like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

when you do the number analysis you can makeup your own numbers :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Plus its internal to their network. 333 from Vodafone wont get you 3's customer care 333 line.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The 171 number that Vodafone have for their voice mail must just be internal to their network as well. As long as noboy uses a number with a combination of 9's or 1's in it then there isn't going to be a problem.

I uses one 171 on 3 for my voicemail.....what do 02 and Meteor use...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

They use 171 also.

It seems to be the voicemail number of choice. ComReg either permit it won't dare doing anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

that's a joke! have they ever reacted to the complaints regarding Three's "broadband" service????

who cares about 333???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I'm honestly surprised they didn't take longer to notice, I mean, come on, look who we're talking about here!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I uses one 171 on 3 for my voicemail.....what do 02 and Meteor use...
    Doh, so do I for Three, slight blonde moment there. :o

Who decided on the 171 number though, I thought it was a Vodafone thing though from their adds which seemed to suggest that they used it across all of their European networks. I doubt Comreg had anything to do with that number being assigned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

robinph wrote: »
    Doh, so do I for Three, slight blonde moment there. :o

Who decided on the 171 number though, I thought it was a Vodafone thing though from their adds which seemed to suggest that they used it across all of their European networks. I doubt Comreg had anything to do with that number being assigned.

Vodafone UK use 121, so I assume similar variations exist across the other Vodafone partner networks too.

Advertisement