Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Bass for rent?

• 04-11-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

related to the topic of the concert of Polish folk band, I have a question to local musicians or people who know people who play music icon_smile.gif
    Is there any place in Waterford or nearby where we could rent a double bass? Or maybe someone would be so kind to let it to us for one evening?

The band which is coming over from Poland does not want to take double bass all the way on the plane and we have to find the instrument before Friday. If you know something drop a line here or write to waterpol@waterpol.org

Thanks in advance
    Kris

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Try Palmers, I know they rent out PA's and such and other more hardware orientated gear, although I don't know if they even have Double Bass' there.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

Try Palmers, I know they rent out PA's and such and other more hardware orientated gear, although I don't know if they even have Double Bass' there.

Tried that the first day I learned that we need the instrument. But the gear is very rare in Waterford region, and players are reluctant to rent.

Is there any music school in Waterford? I was trying to find it in internet but couldn't :(

Kris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

WIT used to run some sort of music School, I don't know if they still do, but you could probably get in contact with them and find out. I am not sure that any of them would be willing to rent out a double bass though, but there is no harm in asking.

Try posting on www.underground1.net . Its a forum thats prodominantly based around music in Waterford, granted its mostly metal, but someone might know where to look there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

You could also try Alex from Ruby Studios. I don't think he rents out gear but he might know someone who can help. I think I have his number (or I can get it) PM me coz I ain't posting it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Ask the jazz **** over on thumped.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

Thanks to all for your help.
    Finally we found a rental company in Dublin and we'll get double bass there.

Kris

Advertisement