Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences of dentistry abroad

• 04-11-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey there,

I am faced with replacing two root-canal-treated and crowned molars with implants - the teeth are struck by disease inside the gums and it's a question of (short) time when they will get lost.

I'm looking for first-hand experience reports from other boards members who specifically went to other EU member states to get dental treatment there.

I am aware that so-called "dental travel" has been discussed here in the past, so I want to limit this thread to your own, personal experiences within the EU. Please do not answer if you:

- Had dentistry in foreign states other than the EU, as for example Romania, USA, Canada, AUS/NZ, Far East (Thailand, Philippines etc.), as I will not consider going to such countries.
    - Are a professional in the Irish dental services, like a dentist, orthodontist, or dental lab employee - since your post could be biased.
    - Have a friend who knows someone who went to Hungary/Turkey/whatever, since I really only want to hear first-hand reports.
    - Want to compare prices with Irish dental treatments, since we all know the costs attached to these. I'm really only looking for reports on quality.

If you do have a positive report, I may ask you to get in touch with me by PM so you can share details with me offline.

Just to give you some background, over the years I had extensive dental treatment done both in Germany and here in Ireland - many many crowns and root canal treatments, some bridge work too. I've spent half a fortune on my teeth to date, and had both excellent and not-so-good experiences - most of the latter in Germany, may I add.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement