Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Murphy for Ireland

• 04-11-2008 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

What is it about 12 conceded in 31 matches that the international selectors don't understand?

gpnbyzzvn02b61.png

Bohs ace Murphy voted supporter's Player of the Season (with 88% of the vote) :cool:

2. Owen Heary :cool:

3. Killian Brennan :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

SectionF wrote: »
    What is it about 12 conceded in 31 matches that the international selectors don't understand?

That it happened in the LOI? That's the only thing holding him back, rightly or wrongly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

This is going to be an excellent thread.

Fun, fun, fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

i'd say its only a matter of time

surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

in before the lock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Much as I wish only pain and misery on him and all his family, how he is behind the likes of Westwood in the Irish setup is baffling.

Quality keeper, supposed to be a top pro and had the balls to call Trappatoni / the FAI on the Westwood callup. Good man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Goalkeeper is definately a position where the gulf in leagues doesn't make quite as much of a difference as the outfield positions. Given that we have very little in the line of keepers, he probably deserves his chance.

He will probably face a higher number of accurate shots and better runs to watch out for at a higher level, but these are bound to have happened at points during the season in the loi anyway so its not like people won't have an idea whether he can handle it or not, and he has shown that he's more then capable of handling anything thrown at him at his current level. Deserves a call up at least imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Much as I wish only pain and misery on him and all his family

^ Thats nice that is.

He will not be called up, not even for a training session. Absolute farce, but thats the way it shall continue I'm afraid.
    in before the lock

Why do people do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

I'm a Bohs fan and I don't want him near that shambles of an Irish team.

1. It may mean missing Bohs games.

2. He'd be alerting the attention of scouts overseas.

3. As long as Given is there he'd only be warming the bench anyway.

That said, there's no doubt in my mind he's one of the top 3 Irish goalkeepers playing football at the minute.

Much as I wish only pain and misery on him and all his family

I cant believe ya said that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Really good enough to take Given's place? I think not.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Really good enough to take Given's place? I think not.

I think he means the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

gpnbyzzvn02b61.png

Bohs ace Murphy voted supporter's Player of the Season (with 88% of the vote) :cool:

2. Owen Heary :cool:

3. Killian Brennan :cool:
    :cool::cool::cool::cool:......:rolleyes:
    Should be in the squad though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

He is easily up there with the rest of the bench-warming hopefuls that play in the UK. Noone is going to dislodge Given for a few more years, imo, but Murphy deserves a chance to be number two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Was this poll only open to Bohs supporters or what?

Anto Murphy best right midfield.....:rolleyes:

Conor Powell.......:rolleyes:

Glen Crowe......:rolleyes:

Ken Oman........:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Was this poll only open to Bohs supporters or what?

Anto Murphy best right midfield.....:rolleyes:

Conor Powell.......:rolleyes:

Glen Crowe......:rolleyes:

Ken Oman........:rolleyes:

Best forward in the league! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pretty sure it was a poll for Bohs best player of the season rather than a Bohs overall eL player of the season poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

It was an open poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Glen Crowe's best days were 5 or 6 years ago. A has been

It was an open poll.

Where was it carried out?

It must have been biased it Glen fúcking Crowe won best forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Des wrote: »
    Where was it carried out?

And you call yourself a LOI fan tut tut ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

If someone from the LOI gets called up will all these threads stop?

And you call yourself a LOI fan tut tut ;)

:confused::confused::confused:

:confused::confused::confused:

Well you constantly champion yourself as the great LOI fan who has foresaken all things outside of Ireland ( apart for Aussie rules :rolleyes:) but yet you dont seem to be aware that every year the official LOI website has a public vote for the team of the season and the player of the season, a poll which this year attracted a MASSIVE 12,500 votes - patethic numbers btw :D

Well you constantly champion yourself as the great LOI fan who has foresaken all things outside of Ireland ( apart for Aussie rules :rolleyes:) but yet you dont seem to be aware that every year the official LOI website has a public vote for the team of the season and the player of the season, a poll which this year attracted a MASSIVE 12,500 votes - patethic numbers btw :D

Official LoI website.

As run by the FAI you mean?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

CHD wrote: »
    Don't be so grumpski. Getting beaten every now and again happens in the real world. :p

Official LoI website.

As run by the FAI you mean?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No its not actually, the offical website is www.eircomloi.ie hope this clarifies it for you :D

No its not actually, the offical website is www.eircomloi.ie hope this clarifies it for you :D

Are you being deliberatley obtuse?

Scroll right down to the bottom of the page. See what organisation is mentioned.

The fact that it is still called the e****m LoI on that website speaks volumes for it's credibility.

loi.ie = eircomloi.ie. Try it.

Are you being deliberatley obtuse?

Scroll right down to the bottom of the page. See what organisation is mentioned.

The fact that it is still called the e****m LoI on that website speaks volumes for it's credibility.

I think the fact that you didnt even know that this poll existed speaks volumes for your credibility :D

• Advertisement

I think the fact that you didnt even know that this poll existed speaks volumes for your credibility :D

Why?

Because I don't read propoganda websites?

Get a grip mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

stupid irish football fans discussing irish football on an irish football board

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Too small. Next!

gustavo wrote: »
    stupid irish football fans discussing irish football on an irish football board
    Why don't they go back where they came from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Maybe the players will read them and realise that they should move to a proper league if they want to play for Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

I'd imagine very few City fans knew about it. I didn't. Am I less of a fan because I don't often use that particular website? :rolleyes:
    patethic numbers btw :D
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Pure Cork wrote: »
    I'd imagine very few City fans knew about it. I didn't. Am I less of a fan because I don't often use that particular website? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Well its the official league website, and yeah 12.500 from a total of 20 clubs you do the math its patethic ;)

Well its the official league website,
    So everyone who watches the league should use it?

Get a grip here.

The. Web. Site. Is. Run. By. The. F. A. I.

Why the holy fook any LoI supporter would go near it is beyond me.

Or do you not understand that.

Ignoring it for the sake of a wind up I'd say, and there's a word for people like you.

and yeah 12.500 from a total of 20 clubs you do the math its patethic ;)
    Actually.

The fact that the FAI run the site I'd say the numbers are fabricated.

So everyone who watches the league should use it?

No just get a life really, LOI seriously if you cant think of anything better to do :D

No just get a life really, LOI seriously if you cant think of anything better to do :D

You are making no sense to me.

Please explain that?

And you smileys are getting extremely annoying at this stage.

:D:pac::p:o:mad::):rolleyes::(:P:cool::eek::confused:

You are making no sense to me.

Please explain that?

And you smileys are getting extremely annoying at this stage.

:D:pac::p:o:mad::):rolleyes::(:P:cool:

And your grammer is really annoying me, so can you work on that ;) as for the LOI well quite frankly its an absolute shambles of a league, basically a pub league masquerading as a professional league, actually seen that your in the know any idea whos goin into administration next week or whos left must be Derry's turn by now oh no maybe their exempt because there not actually from the Republic of Ireland ;):D:pac::P

• Advertisement

You silly little troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

And your grammer is really annoying me, so can you work on that ;) as for the LOI well quite frankly its an absolute shambles of a league, basically a pub league masquerading as a professional league, actually seen that your in the know any idea whos goin into administration next week or whos left must be Derry's turn by now oh no maybe their exempt because there not actually from the Republic of Ireland ;):D:pac::P

jaysis, if you're going to be pedantic and all....

You silly little troll.

I dont think self abuse is allowed on this site Des you would want to be very carefull :D;):pac::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

zAbbo wrote: »
    jaysis, if you're going to be pedantic and all....

LOL Thats funny :D

I dont think self abuse

I'd say you know a lot about self abuse tbh.
    is allowed on this site Des you would want to be very carefull :D;):pac::p

Oh, I am being extremely careful.

Now, are you going to continue to ignore peoples posts and just keep on spouting drivel, or are you going to engage in a proper discussion?

I'm done with you now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Just pointed out a few of your own "grammer" and spelling mistakes there , no need to thank me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If it bothers you two so much to hear about Irish footballers on an Irish football forum, there are plenty of other threads about the premiership and Europe. Why do you even bother reading?

I get it up to here with this ****ing forum sometimes. If somebody makes snidey comments about Manu or Liverpool in a thread opened to discuss football matters only, there is (quite rightly) uproar. Yet it's open season for trolls when it comes to LOI threads?

stovelid wrote: »
    If it bothers you two so much to hear about Irish footballers on an Irish football forum, there are plenty of other threads about the premiership and Europe. Why do you even bother reading?

I've get it up to here with this ****ing forum sometimes. If somebody makes snidey comments about Manu or Liverpool in a thread opened to discuss football matters only, there is (quite rightly) uproar. Yet it's open season for trolls when it comes to LOI threads?

I reported every single trolly post in this thread.

Let's see what's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The mods dont read LOI threads, do they? They are too busy policing discussions on David Beckhams new hairstyle among the plastics.

I reported every single trolly post in this thread.

Let's see what's done.

Id say they will let you off with a warning this time

• Advertisement
Advertisement