Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Egan signs for UFC?

Options

Comments

Delighted for Tom to be honest. Deserving of his shot. Hope everyone here turns out in support for him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

yup tis true:) well done tank:D

www.thetankegan.com ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

great stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

yup tis true:) well done tank:D

www.thetankegan.com ;)

Congradulations and good luck.
    Opponent rumoured to be John Hathaway
    His opponent in January is rumoured to be British welterweight standout John Hathaway, who has also just signed a four-fight deal with the UFC.

Hathaway (10-0) is a veteran of Cage Rage and some of the UK’s higher-profile regional shows, including FX3 and ZT Fight Night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Very best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Good luck Tom!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

from the 1st time i seen tom i knew he'd go places-good hands and a good ground game and generally an exciting fighter. Best of luck tom, i'll be there cheering ya on.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Great news!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Good luck to him

Surely there'll be some more Irish lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I never knew there was an Irish Top Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

Good luck Mate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

get your own joke!

:D sorry mark couldnt resist:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Wow thats great....good luck i'll be cheering for the paddy!!

Opponent looks pretty tough, 9-0....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

Great stuff, well done Tom. I called it first!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

some great motivation from the corner here, "he's f**ked already Thomas"
    being my favorite :D

Best of luck to the lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Congrats, correct me if I'm wrong but dfoesn't this make him the first fighter from the republic to be signed by the ufc??

Congrats, correct me if I'm wrong but dfoesn't this make him the first fighter from the republic to be signed by the ufc??

I haven't seen any reports saying that the UFC have signed him. He's got one fight, if he impresses then he may be offered a contract. His rumoured opponent has already signed a contract with the UFC, so they're probably hoping (to some degree) that Egan loses

He will be the first Irish fighter in the UFC though. Unless another Irish guy fights before him on the card :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Fozzy wrote: »
    I haven't seen any reports saying that the UFC have signed him. He's got one fight, if he impresses then he may be offered a contract. His rumoured opponent has already signed a contract with the UFC, so they're probably hoping (to some degree) that Egan loses

He will be the first Irish fighter in the UFC though. Unless another Irish guy fights before him on the card :pac:
    Colin Robinson from up north has fought. So I'll take that as a yes first guy from the republic:)

Colin Robinson from up north has fought. So I'll take that as a yes first guy from the republic:)

Yes, what I meant. Unless you want to count Marcus Davis :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Colin Robinson and Stevie Lynch have both had fights in the UFC. Tom will be the first Southerner but to me what matters is that Irish guys are getting their chance. Far less talented guys than Tom or Stevie for example have been on UFC cards by virtue of being stateside.

In any case, delighted for Tom and his coach John. Tom for his commitment and dedication to becoming a top professional, and John for all the hard work he's put into Irish MMA and his gym.

I haven't seen any reports saying that the UFC have signed him.

He told me himself that he signed a 4 fight deal yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭mmaireland.com

Congratulations Tom! Great News. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

I haven't seen any reports saying that the UFC have signed him. He's got one fight, if he impresses then he may be offered a contract.

even if it was for one fight there would still be a contract involved

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

Thats great news, good to see local fighters getting their chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭john kavanagh

tom signed a 4-fight deal

yes he's the first guy from the republic to fight in the UFC...coached by the first guy in the republic to fight in a cage :D he'll probably be first fight on the night, gettin the first KO of the show....thats a lot of 'firsts'

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

tom signed a 4-fight deal

yes he's the first guy from the republic to fight in the UFC...coached by the first guy in the republic to fight in a cage :D he'll probably be first fight on the night, gettin the first KO of the show....thats a lot of 'firsts'

first person to make people spill there drinks when he wins by KO too dont forget :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

First person to make me hoarse from shouting for him.

Advertisement