Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer

Options
  • 04-11-2008 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey I'm currently doing Computer Science in first year in DIT, and I'm wondering if its possible to get a transfer to the LM110 Bachelor of Science in Multimedia and Computer Games Development in UL, as I'm really interested mainly in Computer Games development, so if someone can help that'd be great :P I got the points to do the course as well if thats any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭McGetty

No idea if you'll be allowed to transfer at this stage or not, but here's the prospective students page for the computer department here, with the course leader's email: http://www1.csisdmz.ul.ie/prospst/undergraduate_courses/

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Usually your **** outta luck with interenal transfers after halloween and **** outta luck with external transferrs after a couple o weeks into september. Trust me i know from personal experiance here.

Might as well try it but dont get your hopes up too much. I transferred from DCU(comp applications) to U.L.(new media and english) this year at the start of october and the only reason i was allowed do this i was told was because i had done a year in new media and english before. Then again both are computer courses so you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Medley1989

What about a transfer next year directly into second year? Is that even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Not sure on that. might be if there both level 8 computing courses that are similar, you might have to do a link in module but your best bet is to contact the head of the course directly in UL, thats who your gonna get the most straight talking answers off of i find. Student achademic admin werent gonna let me transfer in this year but after talking to the course head he let me in.

Advertisement