Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90i Shower

Options
  • 04-11-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Triton T90 shower has restricted water flow and growling noise, I think coming from pump. Also, quite a bit of carbon dust around the inside, but this could be the accumulation of 10-12 years. Pump is part no. 83100040, but comes up as 'obsolete'on Triton and ShowerDoc websites. Anyone know where I'd get one? Also, if I do, how on earth do you get the darn thing out? I'm an OAP, so hiring a tradesman is not an option. Any suggestions appreciated, as people are beginning to move away from me in warm rooms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

The sale of our house was completed and we moved out about 2 weeks ago and guess what died 3 weeks ago? :rolleyes: :D

Exactly the same symptoms with our 10-15 year old triton T90 for a week or two till it died completely

I can't complain though. With the usage that shower got in our house with 6 people showering daily and some of those long showers it was amazing it lasted so long. Great shower.

Anyway, I can't offer any advice on fixing it but I think it was the pump/motor finally burning out and as you say no spare parts to repair. Can't really expect them to keep spares for 15 years I guess.

With the thing going just before the move and the shower being in the house sale contract we knew we would have to replace it for the new house owners and we were preparing for the worst price wise. Looked up the Bray Directory for a sparky and he fitted the newest version of the Triton the next day. The new shower and labour was about €400 all in. Not too bad all things considered. Was expecting something like 7-8 hundred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

Hi I would charge round the same to change one, you have to remember these showers are not a diy job if something goes wrong a trip switch will not trip in time no matter what any one says read the warnings on the box and get someone in

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭skinthegoat

Many thanks, Harley and Calibos. I bit the bullet yesterday and took the thing off the wall. Once it was disconnected and free, it wasn't difficult to get the pump out. I burnished the commutator on it, and squeezed a bit of WD40 into the bearings and, when I got it all back in place it worked fine. I've since found a pump, but it's 130 sterling plus delivery, so not worth doing. I thought we had it installed about 7 years ago, but my wife assures me it was 15, so the thing owes me nothing. Triton say that a new T90XR is a direct replacement, so I guess I'll shop around and buy one, because I'm sure this one won't last too much longer. Again, thank you both for your kind help.

Advertisement