Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Coca Cola Boycott Committee

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Your logic is that because these businesses are profitable they should reduce their profit margins?! Congratulation; in a thread full of poor logic and bad arguments you've managed to lower the bar yet again.

Of course not, but in an educational environment shouldn't students be entitled to get prices that are even marginally discounted from the 'real world'? And we're straying a little bit off topic here, my point was that the students union would be better serving our time (and their own) by doing stuff that is of relevance and of benefit to the students.

And it looks like you can add bad spelling to the poor logic and bad arguments that you have to put up with while reading this thread. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Opening 24 hours, while being in a building that closes at 10? That's... weird

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Raphael wrote: »
    Opening 24 hours, while being in a building that closes at 10? That's... weird

True, but it has a side door. Seems pretty stupid to have a restraunt open 24 hours a day in any situation, let alone a college campus.
    Of course not, but in an educational environment shouldn't students be entitled to get prices that are even marginally discounted from the 'real world'? And we're straying a little bit off topic here, my point was that the students union would be better serving our time (and their own) by doing stuff that is of relevance and of benefit to the students.

They are subsidized, but only by ventures run by the SU. Independent businesses should not have to subsidize their customers just because of location. That said, the prices in O'briens on campus are slightly lower than that of other O'briens I've come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Shazbot wrote: »
    They are subsidized, but only by ventures run by the SU. Independent businesses should not have to subsidize their customers just because of location.

They shouldn't have to, but they should be encouraged to. For example, any hospital in Ireland (well, the ones that I've been in) give substantially discounted rates (on the order of 25%) to students and staff. These are all run by third party companies. (Now I realise that I've gotten WAY off topic so I'll try and shut up about cheap food now for a while!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Shazbot wrote: »
    That said, the prices in O'briens on campus are slightly lower than that of other O'briens I've come across.
    Only because by the time you get to the top of the queue the ECB has lowered interest rates again :pac: The Grind FTW.

• Advertisement
Advertisement