Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you for the pigbull tripetreshen

Options
  • 04-11-2008 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

what the flugg does this mean? its written everywhere and nobody seems to know what it is. also the amount of religious grafiti is annoying, doesn't mean anything, written badly and makes the city look disgusting. any clues who is d culprit(s)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I also want to know what this is about :confused: it's written all over the gaff like

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Yeah :\ was only looking at the stuff today. Weeeird.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Seen it everywhere, think it started 4weeks ago...i thought pigbull was an obscure reference to Senator Palin,,,but the tripetreshen ????

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lazernuts

Is it some half-arsed way of saying/spelling tripe+drisheen, he should be punched in the nuts anyway whatever it means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Sounds like the kind of thing I'd be for tbh...it's less annoying than the religious stuff at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I like the religious scrawlings. I find them interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

I m just gonna say yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

darklow wrote: »
    what the flugg does this mean? its written everywhere and nobody seems to know what it is. also the amount of religious grafiti is annoying, doesn't mean anything, written badly and makes the city look disgusting. any clues who is d culprit(s)?
    Either someone whos mad,or else trying to get people scratching their heads by being surreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 John Lentil

I am a visitor to Cork and I think the grafitti is TREMENDOUS.

+ are you for the pigbull tripetreshen

+ impurity is death

+ stop killing the life of god in your neighbour with heroin and tablets

It's a one man dada grafitti revival.

Hats off to whoever it is who is doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭darklow

ok the tripetreshen is kinda cool coz its all sureal and mysterious and stuff, im all for it, but the religious stuff is a pain in the whole! bet its the mormans or the jehovahs!
    i havent seen any new tripetreshens for a while, whoevers doing it could at least tell us all what it was!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 John Lentil

ok the tripetreshen is kinda cool coz its all sureal and mysterious and stuff, im all for it, but the religious stuff is a pain in the whole! bet its the mormans or the jehovahs!
    i havent seen any new tripetreshens for a while, whoevers doing it could at least tell us all what it was!
    Put it this way, the graffiti (including the religious stuff) will be my enduring memory of Cork. I've even taken pictures of it. I feel we should be spreading the word worldwide.

One of you locals should be setting up ...

areyouforthepigbulltripetreshen.com !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bearded texan

children lust is not love return to innocence
    impurity is death

I plan to spend the rest of my time here documenting and obsessing over the glorious pigbull tripetreshan

Forever Yours,
    The Pigbull Disciple

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I've haven't seen any of this graffiti...?

I do go around in my own world at times tho.
    The only graffiti i see is the large one outside woodies which says "Thank God For Graffiti!" in 6 foot high letters.

Kind of pointless a thing to write. And there's no artistic flair in it. I could have done it... Pointless.

Here's an Idea. could people take pics of the graffiti and put em up here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

My friend's band(Suede Halo) is naming one of their songs "are you for the pigbull tripetreshen?" after the graffiti :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

i tinks i know whodunnit and they are not that right in the head!!... hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Before this new breed of OTT graffitti came along, all we had was apathetic, single-entendre stuff. The most interesting of it all was the "m'eh" stuff on main street. That was kinda funny, and the pedestrian crossing by the crawford art college that just said, with beautiful brevity "**** off" :D

But this new stuff has a real sense of style and drama, whether it's the mystery of the pig bull or the bat **** craziness of the religious stuff. It's really much much more interesting. So. Yes, I am for the pigbull tripeteshan.

The pigbull lives on the internet now. Show it your mates.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jairyg/AreYouForThePigbullTripetresham

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I was actually planning on writing our friend a reply comparing his question to the Lisbon treaty by making us decide on something without having the faintest clue and how it's his duty to educate us as to what he means or gtfo but I haven't had the time of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Think I spotted this nutter. Was on the No.2 into town, I was sitting near the back. He switches from behind me at the very back, to the 4-seater in front of me, and tries to talk to another guy who he probably recognises. Yer man seems to know him, and won't talk to him.

Failing to strike up conversation, he gets out a black marker and writes similar gibberish quoted by OP.

Nearly into town at this stage, he moves back to the back and sparks up a cigarette!

I get off the bus, after telling the bus driver. Saw the same graffitti a few days later on Parnell Place.

The reason I didn't **** him out of it for vandalism/smoking on the bus was I was wearing brand new glasses, which I am pretty blind without. As I said he came across as a total nutter so I wasn't going to risk a confrontation, verbal or physical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I jst wanted to say I love the "pure in heart" one, I even took a picture of it cause it kinda made me feel good :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Theres also some pretty mad graffiti been appearing in the jacks around town for the last few years .A drawing of a cartoon turd saying things like "Tommy the turd says have a good crap".

Advertisement