Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung monitor with ps3

• 04-11-2008 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a playstation 3.
    I have a samsung syncmaster 930bf lcd computer monitor.

Can anyone link me to the cable or selection of cables that will let these two work together (if it's possible?).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Ubaroo

probably a DVI to HDTV cable? You have to check out if your monitor supports it first thought. Only problem you have then is sound...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i got a dvi from monitor to hdmi on ps3. I have monitor set to auto detect. I have ps3 set to hdmi output and monitor appears to respond but no picture on it.

Any ideas of something i'm missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

you need to set the resolution to 720p before connecting it to the monitor. Connect to a tv with the component cable and configure the HDMI settings first. The resolution auto sets to 1080p with HDMI which wont display on that monitor. Wont Display 1080p on my 20" dell so i had to set to 720p and works fine.

i assume this setting will be easy to find on the ps3? I'll have a look later when i get home.

If that doesn't work then is there anything else? Or is it just a case of that will work?

Thanks

Its under settings->Display settings.

You change the display output. there are choises of HDMI,component ect. Just select the display output on HDMI and follow the instructions. if 720p dosent work you have to leave it at the default standard.

It not to hard. Took me a few minutes to get it working but youl get it when you see it.

As for the sound, you can leave the component cables in for sound if you have surround sound, unless you have optical. Same applies to change the sound.
    Settings->Sound settings->Sound Output

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement

sounds very promising mate thanks. Will be glad to get this working on a decent quality screen as currently using 15in old style tv.

Will let you know how i get on :)

i only seem to have the option to set hdmi but can't see option to change resolution?

Assuming I'm looking in the right place then I can't see any option to edit the resolution?

Yeah thats the right place to look.Maybe if you set up both component to the tv and HDMI to the monitor you can change it that say.The PS3 needs the HDMI to be connected in order to change the settings.

If that dosent work then google or wikipedia it.I cant see why it dosent work other than maybe the monitor dosent support the resolution for HDMI

How do I know if the monitor supports the resolution? I can get the list of specs but not really sure what I'm looking for.

I'm a little confused though too. How did you change your resolution?

Will keep googling too but any advice welcomed :)

• Advertisement

The first time I done it the res was out of sorts and showed a green screen.I pressed x on the controler and the display changed, from what i can remember.

Try pressing something when you connect to the monitor and it shows no display.It might do an auto-adjust and something might come up.

I need to have a look at my PS3.I'll check it out tonight.

Advertisement