Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Election in UCD

Options
  • 04-11-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Heard something during the week about some form of shindig in the Astra Hall tonight for this... anyone know the details or did i just imagine it in a dream?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

There was meant to be a political party in the student bar as part of womens week but due to unforeseen circumstances it was changed.

It's now on in Lime Cafe Bar in Dun Laoighaire with free entry. Buses will be leaving outside the Forum Bar at 9.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

It's really just a big union hack fest. With free bus!

I really wish they'd been able to do something on campus. Its the US elections like!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maximalistic

Obama is the new president! Theres no comeback for mccain surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

gubbie wrote: »
    It's really just a big union hack fest. With free bus!

I really wish they'd been able to do something on campus. Its the US elections like!

It was attempted, it just didn't work out.

And to call it a hack fest is very unfair. There was about 15 people who'd be involved in the Union, then about another 20 or so who were students (from UCD and elsewhere) and about another 20/30 other people .

Seeing Barrack win was awesome though.

Prop 8 is winning in California though and Florida and Arkansas have passed it.

Predictable except for california.

Advertisement