Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elton John

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

amazing to see this calibre of act coming to thomond park, exciting to imagine who else will be playing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

*yaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnnn*

Any other acts announced??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

To be honest old Elton be pretty damn big for Limerick.

Older folk amongst others will cack themselves for an opportunity to see him play.

Bill wrote: »
    To be honest old Elton be pretty damn big for Limerick.

Older folk amongst others will cack themselves for an opportunity to see him play.

Well obviously the OAPs are going to be creaming themselves over the queen of pop coming to Limerick, but what about the rest of us?? :)

Well if Elton John is playing thats a good sign , sit back DJ, I am sure some big acts for the youth will be secured to play also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

oh i love him,,i'll be there,,who buyin me a ticket first<<<:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I heard Cliff Richard is on the support bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

No pleasing some people, we want big gigs in the city and like him or loathe him, Elton John is pretty popular. I could take or leave his music, but he does have some great stuff.

Hopefully the concert will be a success and pave the way others.

Tell me that is true, my father is a life long fan of Cliff and would love to see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Could be worse to be honest, it could have been Westlife or a Bewitched reunion gig :eek:

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah I don't like Elton either.
    I'm 17.
    Give me a choice, I'd have an act like Muse, Coldplay or Rihanna play but come on, Elton John is MASSIVE.
    Who doesn't know who he is like?
    He's known worldwide.

I can't believe they've secured someone so good.
    I thought the most they'd get would be westlife or someone.

If this concert goes well, who knows who we'll be seeing next! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Blunder

Yeah I don't like Elton either.
    I'm 17.
    Give me a choice, I'd have an act like Muse, Coldplay or Rihanna play but come on, Elton John is MASSIVE.
    Who doesn't know who he is like?
    He's known worldwide.

I can't believe they've secured someone so good.
    I thought the most they'd get would be westlife or someone.

If this concert goes well, who knows who we'll be seeing next! :D

George Michael?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

ah now, how can ye be slagging off eltohn john playing limerick??

its a major thing for the city, he's huge and has some excellent feckin tunes!
    Daniel, yellow brick road, tiny dancer, rocket man, just for starters. I can nay fcukin wait man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

As the locals will say "Aboy Eltin!"

BarryCreed wrote: »
    As the locals will say "Aboy Eltin!"

"You'd want to be handin over them glasses sham before I call da boys up to ya!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I'm not a fan, but I got to go to Elton John a couple of years ago in the RDS through work and he was great. I won't be spending my hard earned cash to go see him this time in Limerick, but love him or loathe him you can't say it's not a big deal for the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Blunder wrote: »
    George Michael?!

I would f*****g love if George Michael was playing in Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I would f*****g love if George Michael was playing in Limerick!

... in the Gaelic Grounds ... at the same time.... a sing-off over the rooftops of Clareview to become true queen of all of Limerick? Grab your microphones bee-yotches! It's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

topper75 wrote: »
    ... in the Gaelic Grounds ... at the same time.... a sing-off over the rooftops of Clareview to become true queen of all of Limerick? Grab your microphones bee-yotches! It's on.

GM would kick Eltons queen ass!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Blunder

GM would kick Eltons queen ass!:p

Change one of the letters in that sentence and you'll probably be closer to the mark! In all fairness this is a big deal for Limerick. I lived in Limerick for 6 years until recently and there hasnt really been anything like this before. My own home town in Donegal held 3 concerts with Big names performing. Limerick Definately has the venues to provide concerts of this calibre on a regular basis!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

just heard a rumour that the next one to be announced is the eagles?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

heard the very same thing a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 limerick_guy

Peter Clohessy must be just chuffed!!!!

Sure didn't the Eagles already play a farewell tour?? I'm keeping fingers crossed its Spandau Ballet announced next, I'll be able to get my freak on to "Gold" - the man with the suit and the face indeed....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This is brilliant! I was listening to Elton on my Zen when I walked into the Centra in Caherdavin to see him on the front page of the Limerick Advertiser. I nearly wet myself...
    And i'm only 19 by they way, if I can get some money together, i think i might just be the youngest person there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

DarkJager wrote: »
    Sure didn't the Eagles already play a farewell tour?? I'm keeping fingers crossed its Spandau Ballet announced next, I'll be able to get my freak on to "Gold" - the man with the suit and the face indeed....

Last I heard, they had done "Eagles - Farewell, No.2" tour....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

zuroph wrote: »
    just heard a rumour that the next one to be announced is the eagles?!

I heard that too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Dont bother ever going to see The Eagles.

They will be at least an hour late for the gig, they will play about 2 songs, then they will get in a fight on stage, one of them will have a hissy fit and walk off. An hour later he will come back when he is reminded the amount of money he will be getting for the gig. Then they play 2 more songs and thats the end of that.

Thats an Eagles concert summed up to be honest!

Still love their music though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

dK1NG wrote: »
    Last I heard, they had done "Eagles - Farewell, No.2" tour....:eek:

Sure Tina Turner must be on her 8th Farewell Tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We got the Eagles in Galway, and then we lost them! Glad I didn't buy a ticket... got to keep my money and now I am going to Elton John! Just under a month until he rocks Thomond Park!

Advertisement