Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a Gramaphone

Options
  • 04-11-2008 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where i might find one of these? ... for a friend... or if anyone has one for sale? I cant really think of any 2nd hand type old shops apart from the one near river deep etc.. Would one of these pop up at a car boot?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Try Tolco out on the Headford Road - 751146. There's also Gallery Beag on Flood Street, the Winding Stair on Maingaurd Street, Connacht Antiques in Eyre Square, Clarinbridge Antiques, and Moycullen Village Antiques. You could also try Galway Auction Gallery in Kilcolgan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

I'd check eBay.. Maybe some lad from your area is trying to sell it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You mean a gramophone_icon.gif or a turntable-icon.jpg?

Either way ebay would be best bet.

Or put an ad in Wanted on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »
    You mean a gramophone_icon.gif or a turntable-icon.jpg?

If s/he means as in a turntable to play records ... Maplin have had 'em ... they plug into the PC via USB ... kind of old meets new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

if you mean the one on the left that plays 78's.....pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

Hey,

Thanks all for your replys. The type im after is old old style gramaphone that plays 78s. Ill see what i can find in the shops suggested.

THANKS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

I have one in the garage....the moving diaphragm type(not the horn type)works grand afaik...some needles as well,pm me if you want it...

Advertisement