Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible one core not performing aswell?

• 04-11-2008 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I've had my dual core laptop for about 2 years now, and just recently on a reinstall, I think it is not performing aswell as it used to be.

It could just be me also.. but video seems not to be as smooth some times, and in Ableton Live, when using some VST plug ins the cpu monitor I think is going up far more then before.

This all could just be me.

But I have noticed on the cpu temp monitor that one core is heading towards the 70degrees, and the other one is staying low at around 30.

Is this normal, or is one overheating, and the other one not working as well. :/

Many thanks.
    Coz.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 longdub

what cpu is it and what is the o/s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Hey sorry for late reply.

My CPU is the T2300 Centrino Duo.

I just ran PerformanceTest there, this little program that http://www.cpubenchmark.net/

use, and I got a score of 200, whilst the average score on that site for the t2300 is 800 :(

What is going on.

Windows XP also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Did you install the chipset driver?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can check your BIOS to see if it is turned on. I had to turn mine off for a particular program I was using a while ago, and I used to forget it was off. I did a quick test myself with it turned off, just compressing a DVD, did take roughly twice as long as before, I think a little over twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Yes I believe i have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement