Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying abroad

Options
  • 04-11-2008 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Just got this email about studying in the likes of USA or austrailia.. The only downfall is the limited spaces..
    Would love to do this but I'm going to get an amazing GPA.. Is this what there decision is based on or do they take into account my great personality ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

It's based on a 30 minute stand up routine you perform for Hugh Brady.

Really, I think it's mostly your GPA. The forms I filled out for Erasmus, it was your name and details, and then grades. So there's nothing else they could really go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

i'd love to study in america for a year but i didnt get an email :( haha

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭snack_ie

I went to Australia.
    Apply if you want to go - they can only say no!
    It also depends on extra curricular activites once your GPA isnt too low (have to be above 3.3 anyway for popular spots + extra curricular stuff too)

As I type this I'm looking at the CN tower in downtown Toronto!!

I managed to wrangle a slot to Canada after only applying in late April! Now, I'm no epic scholar (my gpa hovers just under 3.0), but if you want it bad then chances are you will get it! Best of luck, crack on and dont take no for an answer!

Btw, I'm an orts student if thats any good to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

just back from erasmus in germany and had a ball, a mate of mine was in sweden and coped well without the language too,if you have the right set up anywhere is good for erasmus not just america and australia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭snack_ie

I meant to add that it was amazing - and not just Australia but the whole going away experience. I couldn't not recommend to anyone. Do It!!!

Advertisement