Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Problem - cant detect any!

Options
  • 04-11-2008 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

my laptop (toshiba) was working fine the other day and now something is after changing and it cant find any wireless networks at all. Ive checked all the obvious things like is the router in properly, turning it off and on, and ensuring my wireless network finder is on. i have no problem finding it on the other laptop so i know its some setting on my computer thats the problem.

Ive no ideas as to what to do from here.. any help at all is much appreciated. Ive searched the web for answers but so far nothing has made sense or helped.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Windows XP or Windows Vista?

Try holding WIN + F2 (as this is the wireless switch for a lot of laptops).

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

Windows Vista,

the wireless is definately turned on, its a switch on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

bumping this up as really need help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Came across a similar problem on a Toshiba Satellite Pro.

Check for a problem or unknown hardware in Network Adaptors (control panel --> system --> Hardware --> Device manager).
    If there's a problem there, try re-installing the driver.

Advertisement