Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting rid of a car

Options
  • 04-11-2008 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

How do you go about getting rid of a car and how much does that cost?

Do you just call a towing company? Do they give a cert that the car is on its way to the scrap yard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

In the states, a scrap yard will pay for the car. You have to bring it to them, remove the gas tank, and remove the wheels though. There are also people who will pay you for it and take it to the scrap yards themselves too. You have to bring the title with you to the scrap yard though.

In either case, I wouldn't pay someone to take the car. You can probably find people that will pick it up for free if you don't feel like getting rid of it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Jumbletown. I threw up a Fiat Punto which wasnt driving on it last year and it was taken away within two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Put it up on www.adverts.ie. Someone is bound to want it for parts, etc. Otherwise break it for parts yourself and sell them off on ebay or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Some will take it for nothing, usually breakers - my local collects within a 5 mile radius of their yard - very handy when I need to do a clear out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

• Advertisement
Advertisement