Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Broadband Speed - BT

Options
  • 04-11-2008 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

hi there,

I am experiencing very slow download speeds on BT broadband 1MB line in the last few days here in Roscrea. It is usually around 800+ kbps but is around 200-350kbps since sunday and sometimes less. Pings are quite bad too around 100+ ms (usually 60-70ms) - Upload speed is perfect.

Is anybody having the same issues - BT support useless as usual, just hoping for some breakthrough...about as much chance of that as McCain winning the elections...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

Back to that again, i reset my modem 15 times to get normal pings

now 15ms to boards it was 200ms. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I'm in Portlaoise and have been having problems with my BT connection for the last few days. It's working fine one minute and then dropped completely the next. Phoned them and the're no help at all. Got me to check all my settings when the problem is clearly at their end. Anyone else having problems around this area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭fabien

logged a call with BT 2 days ago - they rang me back this morning saying an engineer had checked the line at the exchange and "outside my house" and that there was no issue on their side. Yeah sure...

They are now telling me that my ADSL filter is faulty or my router...I know they are perfect.

Anyway, issue still there in Roscrea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 culna

Hi, I'm north of Newry and on Sat. nite and Sunday morning BT broadband did not work at all? then 334 but last week was as low as 132 kbps - now back up to 640 or 800 kbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

fabien wrote: »
    hi there,

I am experiencing very slow download speeds on BT broadband 1MB line in the last few days here in Roscrea. It is usually around 800+ kbps but is around 200-350kbps since sunday and sometimes less.

Sorry but if you are 1MB then you would only get speeds of around 100kbps :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement