Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 626 Starting problem......

Options
  • 04-11-2008 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have a '98 mazda 626 that tends to not want to start every time when the key is turned and I've had several people say it was things like the ignition , the starter and so on . I'll tell you as much as I can and see if you got any ideas .
    Firstly key turn and I hear a relay click but no starter activity at all .(by the way it's automatic).
    This can be done several times , almost to the point of giving up hope.
    It may just turn and start as normal .I've secured all connections to the starter and tonight it seems to only want to start on the second turn .
    I can live with that but as me ma drives it a lot I'm afraid it will leave her stranded .

Any ideas folks?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,454 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Could be a lot of things. My first guess is it's something electric. Did you check the fuses? Did you check the relays? I had a similar, very annoying, intermittent starting problem and it turned out the fuel pump relay had a bad contact. I pulled the relay, rubbed it and put it back. The car has started first time every time since I had the problem about 6 months ago. My car is 22 years old BTW :)

Advertisement