Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd time round not so easy.

• 04-11-2008 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭

Gave them up for 3 years. Just went cold turkey. So anyway as an excuse to look at the new polish girls in work, i started going out for an odd one with some of the guys in work. Next thing i know i'm hooked again. Its been 2 1/2 years now. Nothings bloody working, when i'm on the computer at home particularly playing a game; i chain smoke. Patches don't seem to dull the urge. I've tried a few times, 3 days was the best i lasted, the 3rd day i'd a bad day in work and the next thing i knew i'd bought a pack of fags. Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

hmmm...yeah, the funny thing about givin up cold turkey is that its different everytime...every quit i did was very tough exept this one...

so, my advice- youve developed the insecurities you had as a smoker again...i presume now that you have one at the bus stop to work, when you get into work, on your break, finish work, on the computer...etc?

well, starting tomoro,get to work without smoking, yes it will be difficult, but it will show you that you CAN get to work without a fag. Then, on your break, prove to yourself that the cravings are all in your head, and finish your break without a fag...then do the same on your way home etc.
    taking these baby-steps has helped me alot...i still get my worse cravings when im doing something I havnt done since giving up- like going to a pub i havent been to in a while...but once you do it once without a fag, you'll be fine forever...

BABY STEPS!!!

Advertisement