Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SSangyong rexton or kia sorento ? also convert uk passenger to irish commercial ?

Options
  • 04-11-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

im going for a 2nd hand 4x4 with everything on it and ive narrowed it to these 2 choices, i have 10k to play with so theres only a rare few specd like that in this country, so im bringing one from the uk or north, if i bring in a passenger one, can i convert it to commercial and only pay the 50 euro VRT ?

also whats better of the choices boardsies ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,982 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Neighbours have had their Rexton stolen (and recovered, admittedly) TWICE - this may indicate its a bit of a theft target compared to other cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

of the 2, I'd have the Sorento. but that's like saying I'd rather lose my left hand than my right.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

my Dad had the Rexton and loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I've driven various Rexton's before when I used to be a valeter, both in manual and automatic form. They have Mercedes engine and gearboxes fitted to them.

The 2.9L model is slow and very unrefined, the 2.7L is slightly better, but not by much. There is the VERY rare 3.2L V6 petrol, which is quite fast, but obviously not great on fuel.

The automatic (Tiptronic) versions are far better than the manual (I'd never thought I'd ever say that! :D). The manuals are very stiff and hard to get into gear.

If I were you, I'd look at getting a JDM Pajero or Land Cruiser or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Max_Damage wrote: »
    They have Mercedes engine and gearboxes fitted to them.
    Mercedes designed them, the same people that made a bags of the dash actually built them

• Advertisement
Advertisement