Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm 21 And Want To Do My Leaving Cert! But Whats The Best Route To Take

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

First of all, nice one on choosing to go back. I'm in a similair situation to yourself and I'm currently in adult education myself. I'm doing a course called Access 21 which, I have to say, is a brilliant course for getting back into routine study and preparation for assignments so its handy if you've been out of education for a long time. There are a few places about the country for the course. I wouldn't know where else except for Letterkenny in Donegal as thats where I'm at but I think NUI Galway has the same course and other places too. Some info on the course in Letterkenny can be found here: http://www.lyit.ie/student/access_office.html

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, I myself don't know much about it generally. Its a 1 year programme with 8 subjects (or technically speaking, they call them modules). You do 4 in the first semester (October - Christmas) and then 4 others in the second (January - April (Exams in May from what I've been told). The great thing is that its a 1 year course so no time is lost in getting into Third Level Education. Access to courses is varied really, some courses you can apply for straight away after Access 21 but some courses would require some extra work to get in. The people there as well are great, very helpful and friendly.

I hope things work out good.

Advertisement