Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Cheap fun lowsec gatecamp sniping

Options
  • 04-11-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Right i feel like just pissing people off in the next few days.

idea:

get a really cheap sniping ship with 150km+ range and just piss people off as they come and go through the gate. (and hopefully catch some idiots who are not paying attention)

so basically im looking for your ideas on a cheap sniping setup that will keep me out of range of the gate guns ie +150km

any caldari BS or below
    any galante BC or below

get your thinking caps on people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

rokh....

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

As far as I know gate guns fire past 150km now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Maddzy wrote: »
    As far as I know gate guns fire past 150km now.

really well thats just ruined my fun.

when did this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I think this is lies. Think the gate guns give you one volley when youre out past 150 before they "remember" theyre not supposed to shoot you that far out.

Give it a go on the test server first anyhow.

Its going to be tricky to do solo tbh, because sitting out 200 KM from a gate youll very quickly be tracked down by cloaky types getting warp ins. If you keep moving youll screw youre own tracking and move out of your optimal eventually. If you use a cloak youll **** up your locking time. All round tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Sand wrote: »
    I think this is lies. Think the gate guns give you one volley when youre out past 150 before they "remember" theyre not supposed to shoot you that far out.

This could be true. I haven't been to low sec myself in a while. All I know is a corpie of mine had a sniper spot over 150km off a gate in low sec that he used fine before the last patch, but after the patch he warpped there in a stealth bomber and got pwn'd by gate guns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I was hit at 170+ once for a few seconds before they ****ers cycled. I wasnt tanked so I didnt stick about to test it properly, but they deffo can hit to +150.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sand wrote: »
    Its going to be tricky to do solo tbh, because sitting out 200 KM from a gate youll very quickly be tracked down by cloaky types getting warp ins. If you keep moving youll screw youre own tracking and move out of your optimal eventually. If you use a cloak youll **** up your locking time. All round tricky.

Surely once he's outside the range of the guns it only takes one interceptor to burn out to him and get a point?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Just use a broadsword or onyx with one of those huge ****in tanks.. and just tank the sentries :p

Zillah wrote: »
    Surely once he's outside the range of the guns it only takes one interceptor to burn out to him and get a point?

Well yeah. He could also warp off, fit a neut or pop them. Solo sniping will really only get you hauler kills or something else that takes ages to align with a poo poo tank. The whole thing is a bit silly and can only end badly imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Well yeah. He could also warp off, fit a neut or pop them. Solo sniping will really only get you hauler kills or something else that takes ages to align with a poo poo tank. The whole thing is a bit silly and can only end badly imo.

well it wasnt my plan to get huge kills. i was thinking of doing it just for a bit of a laugh/

• Advertisement

well it wasnt my plan to get huge kills. i was thinking of doing it just for a bit of a laugh/

Yeah for sure, I do dumb **** all the time in Eve for giggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Yeah for sure, I do dumb **** all the time in Eve for giggles.

CCCCC

Advertisement