Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puttin new DVD drive in Xbox 360

Options
  • 04-11-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

I've never modded or anything like that, basically my xbox 360 (well out of warrenty) has broken, the DVD drive door has gone botched, basically I need to put a new drive in, I just want to know do I need to have special firmware or anything and I presume I need a certain drive?
    Any help appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Julez wrote: »
    I've never modded or anything like that, basically my xbox 360 (well out of warrenty) has broken, the DVD drive door has gone botched, basically I need to put a new drive in, I just want to know do I need to have special firmware or anything and I presume I need a certain drive?

Yeah depends on the broken drive, you will need to access the firmware of the old drive to extract the box key and then order the same drive (if you can) and input the key into the firmware of the new drive, haven't done it myself yet, but you can find more info abot doing it here http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showforum=169

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I had an old 360 that the drive tray didn't open. Rubber band mod or spring mod sorted it out. Or a good tap on the side of the tray nearest the center of the 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SKYS77

Julez wrote: »

you need to read the frimeware off your old drive and flash it to your new drive for it to work on your xbox 360 you can get a replacement drive on e-bay any xbox 360 drive will do it dosent have to be a certain drive pm me if you need any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

actually it is a KEY that you need to read from the drive and load it into the new drive. If you need a hand with that or need new drive drop me pm.

Advertisement