Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

here to get really old books valued 1854.

Options
  • 04-11-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Guys, girls, I know I have treads ruined but I don't mean it so mods move it you think you have to.
    The charity shop of which I am involved received an UNBELIEVEABLE donation.Loads of books, not just silly books, I'M going to list them.
    I feel privileged to even hold them,they are so old and in great condition.
    ok, first
    • the homoeopathic materia medica : arranged systematically and practically / by A. Teste ; translated from the French and edited by Chas. J. Hempel.
    • Teste, Alphonse, b. 1814., Hempel, Charles J. (Charles Julius), 1811-1879.
    • Philadelphia: Rademacher & Sheek, 1854.
    • yEAR MARKEED ON IT IS 1854.

THE ENGLISH ILLUSTRATED MAGAZINE 1885- 1886 also 1887-1888, mACMILLAN AND cO

PARABLES FROM NATURE BY MARGARET GATTY, ILLUSTRATED BY ALICE WOODWARD 1914

The world displayed , A collection of Voyages and Travels , embellished with plates 1815
    The Innocents ABROAD, Mark Twain,This is some type of readers Library
    The Idel Thoughts of an Fellow, Jerome K Jerome.This is some type of readers Library

The Journal of a disappointed man by W.N.P Barbellion, with an introduction by H.G.WELLS, London Chatto and Windus I think its 1921.

Accross the plains by R Louis Stevenson 1895 6th edition

Emersons Essays Ralph W Emerson1919

Note this one, its my favourite, Sketches by BOZ by Charlies Dickens 1850.What I love about this is its typed, with lots of errors nd over typing if you know what I mean.Its cobolt blue cover Published by Richard Edward King ltd....sorry thats printed y Richard Edward ing.

Irvings popular tales 4th edition,

Cooks Travellers Handbook Normandy and Brittany, 1923 this included maps which fold out of the book

Evenings Prince CAMBACERES by Baron Langon, 1837.
    Harpers Monthly Magazine 1895 No 540
    The Century Magazine Feb 1900
    ETON days, this is a collection of photographs from 1976 of Eton school

My aim is to sell these books as the profits go to the charity shop , so I don't want to sell myself short.I would imagine the Dickens one is worth a few bob, but I have no idea how much.
    ps there is about 20 more but I cant type them all out.
    thanks again,
    cathy

The Mystery of the Blue Train, Agatha Christie.I cant find a date Its published by Collins

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Personally I think you should get these valued by an auctioneer or an antiques bookshop (there's one on Duke street that seems fairly helpful).

On a side note: if you are selling these, you need to go to adverts.ie to do so. I dont want this thread becoming an auction of any sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Check if they're online on sites like abebooks to get an idea of what they're on sale for. However, be aware that not all those prices are realistic (I've seen plenty of new, in print academic books listed for obscene amounts) but at least will give you an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

hi, I treid to contact an Irish guy off the aba web site..no luck.I rang amother company and the guy there said he would call out.Im not sure he is 100% but will look up the books on the aba web site .
    thanks for the help.
    cathy

Advertisement