Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Disgraceful Parking

Options
  • 04-11-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Fairgreen Car Park - Athlone

Why do people think its ok to do this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's your car isn't it? You staged the whole thing didn't you?

DIDN'T YOU!!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'd remove that one with the reg-plate legible asap.

Other than that, it astounds me. People who drive or park like that should be takenout and shot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

Pfft, women drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'd wager the problem is that the handbreak either wasn't applied properly or is shot. It's a slight downhill, they're lucky it didn't hit anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Down with this sort of thing!!!!

But srsly, MagicMarker is probably right.

D
    I
    D
    N
    T

Y
    O
    U
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I feel sorry for the poor fecker. They nearly made it into the space before they ran out of petrol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I wouldn't drive a corsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

obl wrote: »

i wouldn't... feck them.

You park like that in a public car park and you deserve to be named and shamed in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Probably drove in when the car park only had one or two cars in it, didn't look at the markings (duh!) and lined it up off the silver A4 and Blue Focus, thinking that they were parking on the other side of the 'island' of cars.

If so, that just explains it, it doesn't excuse it - truly pathetic, needs to be towed...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tedstriker

Speaking of really bad driving, just last night I was crossing the road outside the Q-bar in Dublin city centre and happened to spot the single worst piece of driving I have ever witnessed. A young stupid driver (female - no offence to other females) managed to, in one swift manoeuvre, break 3 lights, and go down the wrong way on on one way street and pretty much could have killed someone but luckily she didn't. I have attached a map to demonstrate where she broke the lights and the direction she drove. If you know this street then you'll understand how bad it was.

• Advertisement

tedstriker wrote: »
    Speaking of really bad driving, just last night I was crossing the road outside the Q-bar in Dublin city centre and happened to spot the single worst piece of driving I have ever witnessed. A young stupid driver (female - no offence to other females) managed to, in one swift manoeuvre, break 3 lights, and go down the wrong way on on one way street and pretty much could have killed someone but luckily she didn't. I have attached a map to demonstrate where she broke the lights and the direction she drove. If you know this street then you'll understand how bad it was.

Wow, impressive :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

To be honest, I'd say that car was pushed back or rolled back. I doubt it was left there, so close to the space.

I attached my paint interpretation of the worst packing I ever saw. It's in your standard car park, and the blue squares show normal parking. The red car, a souped up skanger car, was happily taking up 4 spaces with the way he was parked. What a twat.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

alias no.9 wrote: »
    I'd wager the problem is that the handbreak either wasn't applied properly or is shot. It's a slight downhill, they're lucky it didn't hit anything.

I dont think that the handbrake is shot, just looking at the photos.
    It looks like it was raining quite a bit, and yet under the car is completely dry. If it slowly rolled the back part would have been wet because of the rain.
    I think it actually is just some kind of terrible insult to parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Ha ha, thanks for the pictures - hillarious!

I think this would be a great idea for a permanent thread, lord knows there is enough bad parking around to keep it active. There's a thread like that over on www.barryboys.co.uk, it's quality.
    obl wrote: »

Why? The car is parked (I say parked in the loosest sence of the word) in a public area, fair game.

More rubbish (and inexplicable) parking:

I shot these on my phone last March - came back to a car park to find an older lady a few cars away from mine wondering why the Focus driver had parked so close to her 206. She was in the disabled space, and had a blue badge, and the Focus had one too - maybe the Focus driver expected to be able to always park in a disabled space, even when it was occupied!

The 206 driver was unsure how to move her car safely (the door mirrors were fouling each other), so I got into her 206 through the passenger side and eased it out for her (my good deed for the day!)

IMG000391.jpg

IMG000401.jpg

IMG000411.jpg

IMG000421.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

It takes a certain type of genius to come up with that type of parking, i tell ya

Ive seen a fair few people comin up harcourt street the wrong way

once was heading into town on amiens street, passing the ifsc on my left, going over the bridge, u know where there is about 5 lanes of traffic all going the one way, oh theres a car coming towards me:D

Fe*kin driver was lucky he didnt kill anyone.

That is some horrendous stuff lads. Its depressing me. I am nazi about few things behind the wheel, but parking is one thing. I have never stopped on a double yellow or parked craply in two spaces or even risked it for ten minutes not buying a ticket when I go to a shop. Probably cost me more than the total of the fines if I did. Funnily enough I was driving for half an hour today in a circle around three roads looking for a valid parking space near the bank. Crap parking makes baby jesus cry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Best car park footage ever..:D

SteveC wrote: »
    Best car park footage ever..:D

:D
    Did he get out!!!???
    The suspense is killing me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Haha, OP, brilliant.

As the pic was opening, all i could see was the back of the corsa. When it resized it's self to the screen, nice outburst of a laugh haha... Gas out:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

:D
    Did he get out!!!???
    The suspense is killing me!
    aw nuts - didn't realise the end was missing in that version... soz.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBnEYECo7S4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I dont think that the handbrake is shot, just looking at the photos.
    It looks like it was raining quite a bit, and yet under the car is completely dry. If it slowly rolled the back part would have been wet because of the rain.
    I think it actually is just some kind of terrible insult to parking.

That just means it's been there since before the rain.

alias no.9 wrote: »
    That just means it's been there since before the rain.
    Well yeah.
    that's my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Type 17 wrote: »

I shot these on my phone last March - came back to a car park to find an older lady a few cars away from mine wondering why the Focus driver had parked so close to her 206. She was in the disabled space, and had a blue badge, and the Focus had one too - maybe the Focus driver expected to be able to always park in a disabled space, even when it was occupied!
    I recognise that car park, and can't believe he wasn't fined in about 2 seconds. Normally the traffic wardens are swarming around there.

I had someone do the exact same thing to me before when I was parked in UCD. Some of the spaces there are fairly oddly shaped, and I had my Aygo in a space that's fairly big for an Aygo (but nonetheless a single space). Came back to find, guess what, a silver Focus squashed into the space beside me, right up against my wing mirror like in your picture :eek: I wonder if it's the same person? It's not too far away after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

The 206 driver was unsure how to move her car safely (the door mirrors were fouling each other), so I got into her 206 through the passenger side and eased it out for her (my good deed for the day!)

If someone parked next to me like that i would have to use a hell of a lot of restraint not to open my boot and go to work on the car with the tire iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I see shockin parking 5 nights a week in Blackrock, Louth, along the seafront. The amount of ***ts that park arseways across 2 spaces is madening!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Consistently the worst parking I encounter is in Longford town. People there genuinely seem incapable of parking correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

IMG000421.jpg

:eek: wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Penny pinching driver. Probably hasnt paid for parking in years on account on the magic blue badge. Should have called for a traffic warden to ticket/clamp them for parking in a hatched area.

That would boil my blood.

The big gripe for me is people who dont reverse into spaces. Its EASIER to line up the car. I constantly see and yes its mostly women. I put it down to the fact they go shopping more than men but they will normally drive straight into a space which is almost impossible to line up on the first attempt. Reversing in might be easier but its a who*e getting the shopping into the boot when you cant get near it. Oh well the price you pay for suitable parking.

On that, what about people who do reverse their cars in and then proceed to squeeze the trolley between the other cars to get it near the boot. Why not just leave it at the front and carry the bags? However, the trolley could roll away like this woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzNPoQLJn8E

Advertisement