Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Disgraceful Parking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Consistently the worst parking I encounter is in Longford town. People there genuinely seem incapable of parking correctly.

I agree there should be some signage warning you about the diabolical parking before you enter the town. It is actually common to see somebody stopping at the traffic lights in the centre of the town and getting out of the drivers side of the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Penny pinching driver. Probably hasnt paid for parking in years on account on the magic blue badge. Should have called for a traffic warden to ticket/clamp them for parking in a hatched area.

The sad thing is, with a blue badge, you can park in ANY of the spaces of a car park for free - the disabled ones are simply an attempt to ensure that there is one left for blue-badge drivers when they arrive.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Saw this today in the Stillorgan S/C
    The ironic thing was that it had a disabled sticker inside and they were blocking the ramp!!! The S/C's parking wardens gave them a ticket which isn't worth the paper its written on! :rolleyes:

67345.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Panda Moanium

Type 17 wrote: »
    More rubbish (and inexplicable) parking:

I shot these on my phone last March - came back to a car park to find an older lady a few cars away from mine wondering why the Focus driver had parked so close to her 206. She was in the disabled space, and had a blue badge, and the Focus had one too - maybe the Focus driver expected to be able to always park in a disabled space, even when it was occupied!

The 206 driver was unsure how to move her car safely (the door mirrors were fouling each other), so I got into her 206 through the passenger side and eased it out for her (my good deed for the day!)

IMG000411.jpg

Judging by the sizeable dent on the rear panel its not the first time they tried this trick..:eek:

Was out getting some fresh air this morning when a VW Toerag decides to park right at a T junction/pedestrian crossing (in Stillorgan). What makes this even worse was that there is a large car park to the left of it.
    Anyhow, traffic started building up behind him so I went out and told them that it was actually parked.
    68009.jpg
    On my way back I spotted a squad car and decided to inform them.
    68010.jpg
    The owner returned shortly afterwards and I don't think he was too impressed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Fair play to you K.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

kbannon wrote: »
    Was out getting some fresh air this morning when a VW Toerag decides to park right at a T junction/pedestrian crossing (in Stillorgan). What makes this even worse was that there is a large car park to the left of it.
    Anyhow, traffic started building up behind him so I went out and told them that it was actually parked.
    68009.jpg
    On my way back I spotted a squad car and decided to inform them.
    68010.jpg
    The owner returned shortly afterwards and I don't think he was too impressed. :D

Proper order!

The 'funniest' part was that the gardai parked the squad car on the other site of the T junction to your man (& on double yellows and all)!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

some eejit alright, but should point out he is blocking an access road that isn't that busy, have seen people dump their cars there before.

if you are coming out of Glenalbyn to turn left you would assume people would just filter by. Fair dues for doing something about it though...

Its actually a fairly busy junction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I think this could catch on "Post a picture of the disgraceful parking you saw today" thread:D

Fair play Kbannon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

I'll be honest, I usually park diagonally across two spaces if I can. I've tried to park in spaces before, but it always results in getting little dents in my car from idiots banging their door against mine. So, now, I always try to park as far away from the entrance as possible, the logic being that the lazy fookers won't bother to walk that far to damage my car. I also try to avoid the 'yummy mummy' brigade- I hate to generalise, but they are one group which seem to have no consideration for other people's cars. I've seen them and their kids swing the door out as wide as possible and thump it off the car next to it. Makes my blood boil.

So, that's the reason why most people take two spaces- they simply want to protect their property. I wouldn't park in a disabled space, or block a ramp. I always try to look for a space on its own, or beside a wall, or if there's two spaces between two cars I'll park diagnolly across them. Just saves my car from getting loads of dents from idiots.

kbannon wrote: »
    The 'funniest' part was that the gardai parked the squad car on the other site of the T junction to your man (& on double yellows and all)!!!

Was that car parked in a private car-park, or on a public road?

If it is a private car-park, then I doubt that the cops could give out parking tickets. I'm not familiar with the area, but to me it looks like a private car-park. In some tesco car-parks, they have yield markings painted on the tarmac like that, but I'm fairly sure that if you did park in a Tesco carpark like that, then it would be an issue for tesco management.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it's a road, not a car park. there are 3 car parks with 10 yards of where he parked though!

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ha! 2 of those are in Athlones Fair Green car park: The corsa, and the Focus & 206 that are getting it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

copacetic wrote: »
    it's a road, not a car park. there are 3 car parks with 10 yards of where he parked though!

Ok, fair enough. Like I said I'm not familiar with the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

I remember driving into the carpark of where i worked at the time and it was all snow, you want to see it at lunch time when the snow was gone, not one car in between the lines!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Speaking of bad parking, I once had a similar experience to the Focus & 206, ie a car "parked" and blocking me in....

So, Out came the small trolley jack (I carry one as I hate the ones that come with the car), jacked up the offending car at the back and moved/dragged it out of the way.

As you can guess, the owner of the car came out while I was moving her car. She fairly flipped out, until I said that I hadn't time to chat, as I just got a phone call that my child was rushed to hospital, and be lucky that I didn't break the window to let down the handbrake. (the whole child thing was just a tad of a white lie, but it worked)

Ha! 2 of those are in Athlones Fair Green car park: The corsa, and the Focus & 206 that are getting it on!

Just for the record, the Focus/206 one was in the Cowshed* Car Park, Glasthule, Co. Dublin.

*That's the name on the Pay-and-display tickets! :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My bad, looked like the fair green

No sweat, very entertaining stuff on this thread though, keep it coming, I say!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I shot this near the Church in Rosslare

http://www.flickr.com/photos/despod/125588988/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Just wondering, but who exactly should you ring if you are boxed in by another car illegally parked. The Gardai I presume or would they take it as wasting their time ?

Advertisement