Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EndWar reviews

• 04-11-2008 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Well they've started seeping out gt gave it 9.0

and you were all being so pessimistic :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wow, think I will dl the demo now. I like my semi realistic games whatever form they take, I was just dissing this through word of mount as they're usually right when it comes to games.

End War on one extreme and Red Alert 3 on the other:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

End war demo was quiet good. But I feel like a bit of a tit talking into the head set. Its one thing talking to some over live but giving commands to the 360 is a bit odd. Although you can use pad controls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

From 1up;
    The voice command system in EndWar is terrific, and hopefully, future games will take advantage of a similar control scheme. It just isn't enough by itself to raise the game beyond "mediocre RTS." It's definitely worth checking out to see voice command done right, but overall, it lacks the depth and substance to bring anyone over from superior PC alternatives.

Think I'll pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Yeah I was kinda surprised that it was getting some good reviews, the demo wasnt bad, but I couldnt see myself playing the full game. Red Alert 3 on the PC will be the next RTS I'll be picking up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Moiph wrote: »
    Yeah I was kinda surprised that it was getting some good reviews, the demo wasnt bad, but I couldnt see myself playing the full game. Red Alert 3 on the PC will be the next RTS I'll be picking up :)

Agree completely. Except I thought the demo was pretty bad once you get over the voice command working and being fun. Camera sticking to your units is a horrible idea! Red Alert 3? Shake it baby! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

As another op said,the gameplay is only fair once you get over the novelty of talking to the mic to do orders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

yea was looking forward to this but the camera sticking to the units is too annoying wont be bothering with it now, role on ra3

Advertisement