Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pub and Club mega-thread

Options
  • 04-11-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭

OK folks - every second thread in the Dublin City Forum lately seems to relate to pubs, clubs, party venues etc.

From now on all new queries should go here or will be moved to this thread.

If someone has a genuine reason for keeping a seperate thread, I'm willing to listen but otherwise it will be placed in here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Anyone know if this place is still open?

I think it was around Parnell st/O'Connell St. area...

I remember logging onto their website before but cant find anything online about it AT ALL now...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

It's a beauty saloon called charming now

Thanks... Do you know if the people who run it moved to a diffirent location by any chance?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Pen1987 wrote: »
    Thanks... Do you know if the people who run it moved to a diffirent location by any chance?

it wasnt really the type of place i would frequent. i only know it has changed names because my bus stop is outside it

thanks again. Sorry for all the questions. I'll put it this way, would you know where those who do frequent the place may frequent now? Around when did it close?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thread merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Pen1987 wrote: »
    thanks again. Sorry for all the questions. I'll put it this way, would you know where those who do frequent the place may frequent now? Around when did it close?

The people who went there could go to any number of other places in dublin or even may have stopped going to clubs altogether.

Are you trying to find someone who went there?
    Which doesn't matter there isn't really a place that opened up and took all the punters from this place this doesn't really happen when a club/pub closes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Flamingoes,wasnt that the 5th floor above McGraths aka Frazers,and it was a polish nightclub up to last year

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Rob_l wrote: »
    The people who went there could go to any number of other places in dublin or even may have stopped going to clubs altogether.

Are you trying to find someone who went there?
    Which doesn't matter there isn't really a place that opened up and took all the punters from this place this doesn't really happen when a club/pub closes.

Thats true, usually I find that when a place closes like that, people tend to split and divide, usually to their 2nd favourite pub/club, which could be anything anywhere!
    The only thing I can think of would be that prior to closing, if any other places were advertising there or handing out fliers that people may just follow the crowd.... You never know though, someone might know more about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Hi everyone,

just thought i would post this here so everyone who is doing a 12 pubs of xmas can post details for mates to get details off, here is our one if anybody fancies coming along - Basically its 12 pubs in 6 hours - pint per pub!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPjqw5njPm8
    www.christmassession.com
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=88113870407

Cheers

FT9t9
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hmm, promotion of binge drinking when the government is trying to crack down on it.....

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

can you post the pubs up, YouTube is blocked here :(

there is a map and list at here... www.christmassession.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What if its p1sssing rain? Still gonna jump around between pubs? Doubt you'll get a group of lads with 11 pints each on them into Bruxelles at half 11 on a Saturday night.

We did same 12 last year with 60 people on 7th Dev and there was no probe, and if a pub us too full you go to closest one to it instead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thread merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Flamingoes,wasnt that the 5th floor above McGraths aka Frazers,and it was a polish nightclub up to last year

was actually Russian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭In IRL

Hello, does anyone know if there are any sheesha bars in Dublin? Not where you buy sheesha but where you smoke them? I miss it so... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Was there ever any shisha bar in Ireland?I dont think there ever was.
    Why not get yourself a shisha and toke with a few buddies at home,its the way its supposed to be done!!
    O and if you are looking to buy flavour,can I suggest that you buy "al fakher" branded stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

hey,

just wondering if anyone has recommendations for a nice quiet cosy pub for a date?

p.s. thought the name would have gave the gender away...im male

first date!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

How long have you known this fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Don't take her to the pub, take him cake tasting. Bitches ****ing love cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Southside of where?

sorry Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Take her to wherever your heart leads you dear jon. Except if it leads you to Fitzsimons. That place is a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Southside of where?

Dublin of course, he said "town", everyone knows thats the only town that matters! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

My house...I'll show her a good time!!!!!

what about toast in rathmines? ? any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

jon1981 wrote: »
    what about toast in rathmines? ? any good?
    Don't think that location has much to do with the quality of toast. It's more to do with the toaster or grill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Slap....COPper Face Jacks.

Advertisement