Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pub and Club mega-thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Lads anyone know of what pubs that have those tables where you are able to pull your own pint? The only one i know of is the Baggot Inn

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

Lads anyone know of what pubs that have those tables where you are able to pull your own pint? The only one i know of is the Baggot Inn

Cheers

The Legend Bar on Lord Edward St. has a sign in the window for this. I've never been inside though, it looks like it's aimed at tourists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

ANyone know a decent club for a group of lads aged 24-26? Not full of kids, good atmosphere, good music, not just ****e RnB.

last few time sout in Dublin have been Qbar, redz, 21, dorans, the palace, dadelion and ****eholes like that. Need somewhere good for a change.

Was in the button factory and that was a good laugh....bu wanna try somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

ANyone know a decent club for a group of lads aged 24-26? Not full of kids, good atmosphere, good music, not just ****e RnB.

last few time sout in Dublin have been Qbar, redz, 21, dorans, the palace, dadelion and ****eholes like that. Need somewhere good for a change.

Was in the button factory and that was a good laugh....bu wanna try somewhere else.

Myself and mates all range from 25 -- 35 and tend to keep going back to Tripod & Crawdaddy. You still get a young crowd but not as much a precentage as elsewhere.

Few months back we went to Boomerang and it was a great night. I liked the long bar and theres always room to move about without feeling like your in a cattle mart.

http://www.boomerangniteclub.com/ Being done up now .. so might be even better next time when it reopens :D

We went early'ish (10.30) to avoid having to que half the night. Got some seats and those of us that were single pulled :)

There are very few clubs around though that are over 25s. I know a few might say they are, but the reality always seems different. I know loads of single guys from 26 to their late 30's, and couples in that age range also, and I often hear them complain about the lack of decent nightclubs in Dublin.

I remember when I was 21 and going into town trying to get into nightclubs and it seemed everywhere we went we were turned aways as it was over 23's or over 25's - Top Cats was about the only place we got in :)

Seems the situation is the opposite to that now. Any new club that comes along seems to be going for the young crowd. Bondi Beach Club for instance was somewhere we would go last year when it was still Zanzibar but now everyone I've seen outside at least seems to be 18 or thereabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Twenty One on D'Ollier St. has €3 drinks.
    Bondi on Ormond Quay has €3 drinks.

Purty Kitchen has drinks promotions on aswell on a Thursday, not sure what they are tbh.

Drinks are 2 euro in Purty Kitchen on Thursdays.
    Last time I was there, it was 10 euro in, or 8 with a consession flyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Drinks are 2 euro in Purty Kitchen on Thursdays.
    Last time I was there, it was 10 euro in, or 8 with a consession flyer.

Got a text from them today, 2euro drinks on Wednesdays, 5euro in with flyer or text, dunno how much it normally is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Cheers

The Bleeding Horse on Camden Street does this as well (just around the corner from Tripod) and I believe the Arlington in Temple Bar, never been to the Arlington, Bleeding Horse is alright, very sleek but nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭WhoseView: Michael

Harcourt street has plenty of options from crawdaddys to Diceys and Coppers. Plenty of good spots along lesson street also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Cheers

Cafe En Seine do it too. The downside is, it's Cafe en Seine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bubbly123

Any1 suggest a good date pub for 2m nite? Most places are jammed on a fri eve. Lookin for somewhere witha good atmosphere but where we can get seats and talk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Anyone been here yet ??

As most of you probably already know, this was a dangerous kip in its day, but I heard they did a major clean up of the place, so went down a few weeks ago with a few mates. Initially I have to say I was impressed, the door staff couldn't have been nicer, thay have a microbrwerey thing goin on, with surprisingly good lager, and we got free coca colas for our designated driver :)

It got better, there was a live cover band playing everything from Oasis to Pink Floyd, and they were doin it very well. Out the back in the smoking area, this middle eastern bloke was frying up free burgers, hot dogs and shish kebabs.

Got talking to one of the bouncers, and he told me the new manager had told the security staff that none of the former scumbag crowd were to be allowed in, end of. He added that they were planning student nights etc. They were apparently targeting a crowd like Whelans, but older.

I was thinking, this could turn into a really nice venue in Rathmines !! Happy days :):)

Then at 12:30 the band finished..... and the dj came on, and the whole arse fell out of my expectations. Straight out of "Ibiza unwashed"

went again last night to give them the benefit of the doubt, thinking thursday might be more of an indie crowd, and maybe indie sounds, but alas no,just more of the same :(:(

such a shame, after investing so much money in the relaunch, wont be going again.......

bubbly123 wrote: »
    Any1 suggest a good date pub for 2m nite? Most places are jammed on a fri eve. Lookin for somewhere witha good atmosphere but where we can get seats and talk...

Depends what time your heading out but the George's St & Dame St area has loads of good spots where you'd get a seat before 10pm no problem.

Brogans Dame Street

Citi Bar Dame Street

Hogans Georges Street

The Bankers Trinity Street

The Dame Tavern Dame Court

The Long Hall Georges

The Mercantile Dame Street

Or a nightclub that feel like a pub early doors ..

Sin Sycamore Street

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

anyone know any good d&b clubs in dublin? ill be 18 soon and i wanna brock out:) preferably anything but jump up, the minimal kind of sound or liquid, such as alix perex, spectrasoul etc. i know of the twisted pepper but is there anywhere else? thankyouplease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

marcsignal wrote: »
    Anyone been here yet ??

As most of you probably already know, this was a dangerous kip in its day, but I heard they did a major clean up of the place, so went down a few weeks ago with a few mates. Initially I have to say I was impressed, the door staff couldn't have been nicer, thay have a microbrwerey thing goin on, with surprisingly good lager, and we got free coca colas for our designated driver :)

It got better, there was a live cover band playing everything from Oasis to Pink Floyd, and they were doin it very well. Out the back in the smoking area, this middle eastern bloke was frying up free burgers, hot dogs and shish kebabs.

Got talking to one of the bouncers, and he told me the new manager had told the security staff that none of the former scumbag crowd were to be allowed in, end of. He added that they were planning student nights etc. They were apparently targeting a crowd like Whelans, but older.

I was thinking, this could turn into a really nice venue in Rathmines !! Happy days :):)

Then at 12:30 the band finished..... and the dj came on, and the whole arse fell out of my expectations. Straight out of "Ibiza unwashed"

went again last night to give them the benefit of the doubt, thinking thursday might be more of an indie crowd, and maybe indie sounds, but alas no,just more of the same :(:(

such a shame, after investing so much money in the relaunch, wont be going again.......

Still the same horrible layout though. Also they'd never succeed with a purely inide "student" night, location is right for it. They'll be back to the cheesey student nights with sluts in belts and lads in toe when they realise there losing a lot of €€€ running it the way they are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

This brilliant Club/Bar just opened on Store St,
    Its called the Good Bits
    Its across from Busaras.
    Such a cool mellow place, great vibes, awesome decore, good tunes a bit of everyhting for everyone. Was at the opening night was great!

DigiGal wrote: »
    This brilliant Club/Bar just opened on Store St,
    Its called the Good Bits
    Its across from Busaras.
    Such a cool mellow place, great vibes, awesome decore, good tunes a bit of everyhting for everyone. Was at the opening night was great!

think im heading there tonight actually, don't know anything about it but a few mates are heading. What kind of music is it?

Still the same horrible layout though. Also they'd never succeed with a purely inide "student" night, location is right for it. They'll be back to the cheesey student nights with sluts in belts and lads in toe when they realise there losing a lot of €€€ running it the way they are now.

yeah i know, i'm just confused to fcuk:confused::confused:. If they're supposed to be targeting a 'whelans' crowd, but older, they couldn't be going about it in a worse way. I mean seriously, if you were a whelans regular who walked into the new TramCo and heard them playing sh1te like this, what would you do ??

you'd turn on your heel, walk straight back out the door and never return me thinks.... I would anyway

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    think im heading there tonight actually, don't know anything about it but a few mates are heading. What kind of music is it?
    All different, think it depends on the night
    ITis pretty chilled though
    They had RSAG playing and David Holmes DJing the other night so It was different in each room.
    It rnages from proper hard dance/trance to electro to indie to chart

DigiGal wrote: »
    All different, think it depends on the night
    ITis pretty chilled though
    They had RSAG playing and David Holmes DJing the other night so It was different in each room.
    It rnages from proper hard dance/trance to electro to indie to chart

ye it was pretty good actually. I was on the guest list so free in. happy days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eddie28

Hey any1 know how much pints etc are in Club m on a fri nite?I know they do cocktails for 6.50 thinkin of headin there fri.

• Advertisement

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    ye it was pretty good actually. I was on the guest list so free in. happy days:D
    Niiiice :)

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was wondring how long it would take before the 'New' Tram Co would slide back to what it was before?

Well, passing the place last night at about 2am I'm sorry to say, I witnessed about 10 blokes jumping up and down on this guys head outside the front door of the place. Not a nice thing to see on a thursday morning I can tell you....

shame:(

marcsignal wrote: »
    I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was wondring how long it would take before the 'New' Tram Co would slide back to what it was before?

Well, passing the place last night at about 2am I'm sorry to say, I witnessed about 10 blokes jumping up and down on this guys head outside the front door of the place. Not a nice thing to see on a thursday morning I can tell you....

shame:(

I don't mind seeing a good punchup .. seen a guy last night get a box in the Woolshed, he deserved it.

However, anyone that kicks someone in the head is a scumbag piece of crap. Anyone that kicks someone in the head when they are down are even lower and no better than an animal.

Actually, I withdraw that last remark as it does animals a diservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭witty_name

Heya, does anyone know of any pubs/clubs in Dublin that play Rock&Roll, or Swing?
    Or any music along those lines?

witty_name wrote: »
    Heya, does anyone know of any pubs/clubs in Dublin that play Rock&Roll, or Swing?
    Or any music along those lines?

Every Sat in Thomas House on Thomas St.

Be there or be square ;)

l_94aed0120dbd40b39b034296f0356027.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/hbombboogie

Classes:

http://www.boogiebeatswing.com/

http://www.dublindy.com/

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭witty_name

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭crazyFeet

Hi everyone,
    Im in Dublin only for 5 months due to work contract,
    so i decided to go out here with the lads for my 21st.
    So far we have a firelimo booked, but i am VERY not sure what nightclub to pick and should i bother with a VIP room. I don't really like when dh plays 80's or some tastless radio mashup. I can get a special offer for a VIP in 21club but i heard its not great? never been there... It is expected to be a messy mad night so we decided to leave Dicey's for Sunday recovery session. Trying to stick in the city centre. Please give me some advice people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

crazyFeet wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Im in Dublin only for 5 months due to work contract,
    so i decided to go out here with the lads for my 21st.
    So far we have a firelimo booked, but i am VERY not sure what nightclub to pick and should i bother with a VIP room. I don't really like when dh plays 80's or some tastless radio mashup. I can get a special offer for a VIP in 21club but i heard its not great? never been there... It is expected to be a messy mad night so we decided to leave Dicey's for Sunday recovery session. Trying to stick in the city centre. Please give me some advice people

Howiya, I know this is a megathread but its fallen out of use a bit so you might be better off starting a new one maybe?

I'd definately avoid 21 club, full of kids, scangers and Nigerians in my experience and plays absolute cheesy chart and r n b music at its worst.

What sort of music do you like as ya only said what type you didn't??

I've always really enjoyed Alchemy in Temple Bar, nice crowd, mostly early to mid twenties, no scangers, decent music, reasonable drink prices, polite staff but I don't know do they do VIP rooms to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭crazyFeet

No, didn't bother with 21 after seeing their audience outside on friday night :D went to a pub just across the street from it (wish i could remember the name) and it was pretty good. saturday night we spent in The palace and i had a brilliant time there, the VIP was free to book and staff was great. i heard there are fights there sometimes but we didn't witness anythink like that at all! sunday we went to dandelion hoping to meet women in there, unfortunately it was the opposite there that night so wouldn't recomend it if you are straight :D ended up in fitzwilliam and i think the bar is ok there, but the club is a joke, if you don't die there by getting choked physically then you will choke by the lack of air!!! left after 15 minutes in there. will try alchemy this weekend hopefully if i get that far after this thing in POD, see yez there (the guy wit Superman belt ^^)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭-donegal-girlie

Hi, me and two friends will be in dublin on thursday and would like to head out. Just wondering what club would be best to head to on a thursday? We're staying on O'Connell street so somewhere not too far. I've heard about Club M and Alchemy. Are they open on a thursday? Any help would be appreciated :D

Advertisement