Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pub and Club mega-thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hi, me and two friends will be in dublin on thursday and would like to head out. Just wondering what club would be best to head to on a thursday? We're staying on O'Connell street so somewhere not too far. I've heard about Club M and Alchemy. Are they open on a thursday? Any help would be appreciated :D

90% sure Alchemy isn't open on Thursdays, haven't a breeze about Club M but say it would.

What type of music are you into?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭-donegal-girlie

Thanks for the reply, we've decided to go to Club XXI on the Wednesday. 5euro in and 2euro drinks all night. If its no good its not like we wasted much money :rolleyes:. Thanks again :)

Thanks for the reply, we've decided to go to Club XXI on the Wednesday. 5euro in and 2euro drinks all night. If its no good its not like we wasted much money :rolleyes:. Thanks again :)

21's aka Club XXI is usually a grand spot aslong as you ain't over about 24. Usually jammers on a Wednesday too.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

21's aka Club XXI is usually a grand spot aslong as you ain't over about 24. Usually jammers on a Wednesday too.

As long as you aint over 19 Id say! Im 21 and wouldnt go near the place tbh, used to be a fan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭-donegal-girlie

wixfjord wrote: »
    As long as you aint over 19 Id say! Im 21 and wouldnt go near the place tbh, used to be a fan though.

haha i'm 19 and the two people i'm going with are 18 .. so i'm sure we'll fit right in :D.

• Advertisement

wixfjord wrote: »
    As long as you aint over 19 Id say!

Crap only 2 months till I go off it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭crazyFeet

well i'm just 21 but i wouldn't go to xxi, i just feel weird when a 16 year old is tryin' it on with me :D i think the tunes are testeless and alltogether it reminds me of a teenage disco... no way id go there. P.S was in fitz in templebar and the club downstairs is ever worse so stay away!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wattlendaub

Anybody know of any good pubs/clubs that will be open this bank holiday sunday?

Places stay open late on bank holidays, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭crazyFeet

Anybody know of any good pubs/clubs that will be open this bank holiday sunday?

Places stay open late on bank holidays, right?

go to trypod on sunday night !!! Ferry corsten, san van doorn and john gibbons are all playn there, hope its not too late to get a ticket :)
    otherwise go to alchemy, the palace or club m mayb? the pub, it depends, pints or if there is women accompanying you id go to alfies they have great cocktail deals tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭board stiff

Hello all.

Thought I'd revive this thread instead of creating a new one.

I'm thinking of coming to Dublin on the 8th and 9th of Sep. Are the pubs/clubs lively on a Wed/Thur night, and if so what do you think are the best?
    I was down for the United game at the Aviva and it seemed decent but I'm wondering was that just because there was a big game on that night.
    I suppose the weekend is the best time to head out on the town but I was curious to see if the midweek was just as vibrant.

I'd probably stay in the Harcourt I think as it seems reasonable and is pretty central.

Any advice or info would be appreciated. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

.. I was curious to see if the midweek was just as vibrant.

Yeah, midweek is always quite busy.

What age group are you and what kind of place are you looking for?

Whelans is a good spot, it's on Wexford St.

The Globe is another good spot, just down from there on Sth Great George's St.

Even if you didn't like those two, that area has lot of great bars.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Yeah, midweek is always quite busy.

What age group are you and what kind of place are you looking for?

Whelans is a good spot, it's on Wexford St.

The Globe is another good spot, just down from there on Sth Great George's St.

Even if you didn't like those two, that area has lot of great bars.

Hi Pete, thanks for the reply.

I'm a 25yr old male and basically just looking for some fun nights out, maybe starting off in a bar or pub and leading onto a heaving nightclub ;)

When I was in D-Two that Wed night it was good fun but I had my brother
    with me so I couldn't enjoy it fully.
    I know it must get monotonous for all you Dublin ppl having to list out venues for us out of towners but I certainly am grateful.

Thank you for the links aswell, thats an interesting site with some helpful info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Hi Pete, thanks for the reply.

I'm a 25yr old male and basically just looking for some fun nights out, maybe starting off in a bar or pub and leading onto a heaving nightclub ;)

When I was in D-Two that Wed night it was good fun but I had my brother
    with me so I couldn't enjoy it fully.
    I know it must get monotonous for all you Dublin ppl having to list out venues for us out of towners but I certainly am grateful.

Thank you for the links aswell, thats an interesting site with some helpful info.

Alchemy is a good spot for the 20-26/27 age group as there aren't kids there (well there usen't to be, clubs change their clientale fairly quick these days!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Anywhere in the city do cheap pints etc tonight(Tuesdays)?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Da Bounca wrote: »
    Anywhere in the city do cheap pints etc tonight(Tuesdays)?

2 euro drinks in Diceys on Harcourt St. tonight.
    But be warned, it will be wedged!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lasvegas

Anybody know the name of the yellow and red pub in this picture? It's in the city centre.
    There's some great music down there, but was a bit footless so I cant recall the name:p

lasvegas wrote: »
    Anybody know the name of the yellow and red pub in this picture? It's in the city centre.
    There's some great music down there, but was a bit footless so I cant recall the name:p

The pub in the centre of that pic (with the lane alongside) is The Bachelor Inn, I don't think they do music.

You sure that's the place you were in?

There's a hotel called the Arlington just down from that, any chance you were in there as they do music every night.

The pub in the centre of that pic (with the lane alongside) is The Bachelor Inn, I don't think they do music.

There's a hotel called the Arlington just down from that, any chance you were in there as they do music every night.
    I just remember seeing a red and yellow exterior near the river, it could have been the one nearby.

I wanted to ring them to get the name of the group for my brothers weddin':(

lasvegas wrote: »
    I wanted to ring them to get the name of the group for my brothers weddin':(

When you were inside, was it one big long dimly lit room, with a smoking area at the very very back, looking onto a laneway?

If so, that's The Arlington.

When you were inside, was it one big long dimly lit room, with a smoking area at the very very back, looking onto a laneway?
    Couldnt tell ya about the smoking area, but it was one very long, rectangular room.
    Cheers for the help, I think I'll give them a buzz and ask about the music (Hopefully I wont have to sing over the phone to jog their memory:p)

• Advertisement

Alchemy is a good spot for the 20-26/27 age group as there aren't kids there (well there usen't to be, clubs change their clientale fairly quick these days!).

Thanks for the info, checked them out on FB and they are open Wednesday. I'm certainly looking forward to next week, its going to be fun deciding on where to go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

hi, can anyone tell me what porterhouse central is like on a fri? busy? good crowd? old crowd?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

The Batch has changed recently, there’s a small stage down the back where the 2 horseshoe shaped seating areas used to be. They have singer/songwriter types on quite regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

hi, can anyone tell me what porterhouse central is like on a fri? busy? good crowd? old crowd?

It is very busy on Friday night. The crowd is usualy mid/late 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

Anyone know any dirt cheap club in town tonight? Or something with promos on? drink? Young enough crown 18/19?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

21st does student nights on a Friday. The next few weeks should be good for an 18/19 crowd as loads of colleges will have their Freshers' weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Anyone know if the prices in this ad still hold? I'm trying to find somewhere in
    town tomorrow that does €3 drinks as standard (if not €2 drinks! :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

Anyone know if the prices in this ad still hold? I'm trying to find somewhere in
    town tomorrow that does €3 drinks as standard (if not €2 drinks! :D).

I think the Legal Eagle, Four Courts do half price drinks on a Sunday, and the same for Pygmalion, Sth William St. I think. Contact them to be sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Suggestions for people in early 20's tonight? Thinking of heading somewhere other than the usual coppers etc...

Suggestions??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Shane732 wrote: »
    Suggestions for people in early 20's tonight? Thinking of heading somewhere other than the usual coppers etc...

Suggestions??

Ever been to The Palace? Bit expensive, it's a bit like a posh Barcode, but I've had good times in there.

Advertisement