Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pub and Club mega-thread

Options

Comments

Bring her to Blackrock baths for a swim and a nice cold picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

The Bleedin' Whoooower...HORSE. The Bleedin' Horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Tha stags head, for a few cosy pints, nice during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

We all know romance is dead anyways, right?

Downstairs and to the left in Bruxelles. :D

Back and to the left <smacks head>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

whats this happy hour! wheres the bloody support!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

I hear The George is one of those queer little pubs in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Take her out to Chasers, just off the Kylemore road. It's a new 'superpub' that recently opened. Best way to describe it would be as a cross between Ron Blacks and Dandelion with a far more down to earth, chilled out, crowd.

This is the kind of place where it's all about being seen so make sure you're dressed well as door staff can be a tad sticky. A little bit of ostentatious gold jewellery is the way to go. The dress code is usually business casual but there's a more relaxed sporty casual look about the place on a Wednesday night.

Chasers will impress her no end especially its exceptionally helpful bar staff who can usually be counted on to provide a free bus service into town at the end of the night. I think the terminus is around James Street but you'd need to double check as sometimes the route goes out to Tallaght depending on the crowds.

Best of luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Take her to the bathroom of a Supermacs. Its the most romantic place in Dublin. Apparently over 45% of kids born in the last 3 years were conceived there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

Take her to the bathroom of a Supermacs. Its the most romantic place in Dublin. Apparently over 45% of kids born in the last 3 years were conceived there.

And remember to give a thumbs up to the Indian security guard on the way out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Take her to the Dublin City Forum. I hear that place is great for a first date. Google it and you'll get it handy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

We call them "beergardens" where people smoke hashish in this town!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

whats this about smoking in bars:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

In IRL wrote: »
    Hello, does anyone know if there are any sheesha bars in Dublin? Not where you buy sheesha but where you smoke them? I miss it so... :D

you can smoke sheesha in the tea garden, it a really nice place on Ormond Quay, just down from the Morrison, unfortunely it's doesn't sell alcohol only, as the name suggests, tea.

http://fireglo.wordpress.com/2008/09/14/tea-garden-lower-ormond-quay-dublin-cafe/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Just like to recommend The Oval on Abbey St for a new pint. Had one there tonight, quality pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 el_milkbottle_o

hi peeps, my friend and mise are having a joint night out for our 21st in a few weeks and we're looking for suggestions on where to go??? tried to reserve an area in dandilions but they don't accomodate 21sts (the cheek!) so somewhere similar to this place would be a good start....
    tripod was mentioned but a lot of our friends wouldn't be that into the dance scene....never been to velvet so not sure what that place is like....
    uber-stressed!!!!!
    :confused:
    any feedback would be welcome!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

JoeSchmoe wrote: »
    you can smoke sheesha in the tea garden, it a really nice place on Ormond Quay, just down from the Morrison, unfortunely it's doesn't sell alcohol only, as the name suggests, tea.

http://fireglo.wordpress.com/2008/09/14/tea-garden-lower-ormond-quay-dublin-cafe/

its herbs tho, no tobacco

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

hi guys
    i have some people over here and they want to go to some cool pub/bar, possibly not empty :D

Yesterday I told to some of them to go to the citybar on dame street and they had a lot of fun...

do you have any suggestions? I really dunno what's up on a wednesday...

they are all foreigners so we need to show them what Dublin can offer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Is there anywhere decent in town that has a drinks promotion running on Wednesdays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OK, not an equiry, just a heads up..

Venturing from my usual haunt I decided to pay the Darndale Hilton a visit tonight, they've recently opened their newly renovated bar.

On entering I was mightly impressed, as were my usual section of fine beer's commando's..

The place is really nice, with a huge big open fireplace and comfy seating.

A Carlsberg cost me €5.10 which was a little hard to swallow (the price not the beer), but I thought - 'Well Martin, if it keeps the riff/raff away its worth it'..

And thats all the good I've to say about the place.

Its let down, and this is a bug-bear with me -by unfriendly foreign bar staff.

Now I truely believe that nothing can replace the craic you'll have with local Irish bar tenders, "Here Mick, still us on another pint" kind of thing.

Not in this place!.. At 23:47 we we hungry, so tried to order some grub/soakage "Can we order food place" .. says I... "Sworry, food finish 2 mins ago" - :eek:

Now Campions is two minutes away and we normally get Jacobs crackers, mustard, cheese & ham etc to enjoy with our last round.. Oh man was I hungry now!..

Stayed for another round or four then we left promising that although its really nice inside, it'll never replace a proper local & Mick at the bar!.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mairt wrote: »
    Now I truely believe that nothing can replace the craic you'll have with local Irish bar tenders, "Here Mick, still us on another pint" kind of thing
    I have to agree with you there Mairt. I only really enjoy a drink in my local. I never have to order - it's an automatic assumption. When I'm with my drinking buddies on a Thursday/Saturday night, the barman will know who's round it is etc. and when to drop the crisps/peanuts etc.

When Mrs Wishbone Ash makes an appearance, they know what tickles her fancy.

I hate going to other pubs but it has to be done now and again. The thoughts of these stupid Christmas parties crap coming up! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭poker_face

Does anyone know any good pub around town that regularly has a mixed international crowd in it? Where is good on Wednesday & Thursday nights?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

It's that time of year where a pint by a fire is as good an idea as I can think of!! But what boozers have them still?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nealon's on Capel Street.

Although there's a sign asking you not to stand directly in front of the fire you can still pull stools near enough to get that lovely winter time pint and a fire feeling! :)

[note to self: Go to Nealon's for a pint after work!]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Galloping Green

Favorite Pub in Dublin and what a fire!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Nealon's on Capel Street.

Went there a while ago on a Saturday night to find that most of the upstairs tables had been 'reserved'. We had to stand there looking at empty tables until they deigned to turn up and fill them.

What kind of retard attempts to book seats in a busy city centre pub on a Saturday night?

And what type of manager allows it?

Nice pub, but I (and a good few of my friends) will be thinking twice about ever returning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

stovelid wrote: »
    Went there a while ago on a Saturday night to find that most of the upstairs tables had been 'reserved'. We had to stand there looking at empty tables until they deigned to turn up and fill them.

What kind of retard attempts to book seats in a busy city centre pub on a Saturday night?

And what type of manager allows it?

Nice pub, but I (and a good few of my friends) will be thinking twice about returning.

I never go upstairs except when I'm attending some sort of booked event. Downstairs FTW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I never go upstairs except when I'm attending some sort of booked event. Downstairs FTW!!!

:)

Nice spot upstairs though. Fire too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The Bloody Stream in Howth has a massive roaring fire in the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

lightening wrote: »
    The Bloody Stream in Howth has a massive roaring fire in the winter.

Despite the <SNIP> thats one of my favourite pubs in the city.

Upstairs in The Slaughtered Lamb in Swords have a fire, but its not great and certainly a far cry from the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Galloping Green
    lightening wrote: »
    The Bloody Stream in Howth
    Hardly City Centre now lads/ladies!

Advertisement