Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pub and Club mega-thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Well, considering the fact that im a girl, ill need a few on me to score some coppers nurse! but, stranger things have happened.

Yes, like male nurses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Well, considering the fact that im a girl, ill need a few on me to score some coppers nurse! but, stranger things have happened.

Gigiddy.

BTW, Dublin is thatta way
    |
    |
    V

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

why not go down to temple bar...and join all the cocky brits

"allo darlin, show us your tits"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 puppydoggrowl

fryup wrote: »
    why not go down to temple bar...and join all the cocky brits

"allo darlin, show us your tits"

Thats exactly what im trying to avoid.

and i have no interest in cocky brits

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Yes, like male nurses.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm fed up of sexist women assuming there are some jobs men can't do. We need to smash that glass ceiling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

javaboy wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'm fed up of sexist women assuming there are some jobs men can't do. We need to smash that glass ceiling.

I would but I don't want to break a nail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 puppydoggrowl

javaboy wrote: »

apologies....
    i just reckon they'd be harder to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Anyone who goes to the Purty Kitchen might be interested in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mairt wrote: »
    Arlington Hotel, any reviews/opinions?.

I've got a Christmas party to go to next week.

Any recent visits to the place guys?.

Just quoting myself on this one.

Went there on Thursday night with the works Christmas party, NEVER - EVER will I darken its doors again.

Ustairs is HUGE, nothing wrong with the if you can fill it. But it totally lacks an atmospher & has the worse trad band ever, the Irish dancer's were good but sweet Jesus prices..

I went from drinking Carlsberg at €2:90 in the Barracks to €5:30 (Arlington, Q Bar & Club M) and my one big niggly when I'm drinking is... If I order a Carlsberg, I want it in a Carlsberg glass - not a Guinness or Bulmers glass, I want it served in a Carlsberg one, that shouldn't be any big deal.

A bigger grip with me is the black lad in the toilets, frankly I find this embarressing and I rarely if ever return to a venue with one.

I'm a gargler, I know a good pub and a great pint so out of ten I'd give this place 2/10 - only because the doorstaff are very friendly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The Arlington is a piece of temple bar on the Northside. It's grand for what it is: a big slops shop for squaddys from Tumbridge Wells, Salisbury mondeomen and bewildered Austrian backpackers that have believed the hostel's brouchure. The door staff are indeed friendly, especially to the east european hookers that peddle their trade from the bar to their local apartment. Thankfully though it does have an Irish dancing video, playing on a loop, being broadcast onto the street for the general public to see. This is generally a good warning sign to stay WAY FOOKING CLEAR.

The prices in Cathal's holding steady then Mairt? Good little pub there and as for the food in the restaurant on the barracks...TOP NOTCH. Nicest smoked cod I ever had was in Cathal Brugha barracks. It always makes me smile that an Irish Army barracks has a restaurant as opposed to the more common Mess Hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

OK went to go out there 2 nites ago and when deciding where to go, i realised that for one reason or another i dislike going to most nite clubs in ublin.When i thought about it all dublin clubs are either

A] kips

B] ripp offs and overpriced

C] ive had a bad experience there

So i ask the question wheres ur fav dublin club and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The Forum Bar. I also know where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭oztots

Been out in dublin once,

Methinks this thread belongs somewhere else

yeah better off in dublin city board

we went to 21's and it wasnt actually too bad, i expected worse, but i did feel a lil old n there being 24.

damn this ageing lark

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Coppers

Never had a bad night there

have to say on coppers, tis was great to go as a single guy, but it always seemed packed,

it always reminded me of that simpsons episode wen the comet is coming to destroy the town and the whole community take shelter in flanders shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Went to 21 the other night and it was only €8 and pints were €3. Pity the place was empty.

I don't really have a favourite place in Dublin. Some places are pretty average, some are crap. I've never had consecutive good nights in any place in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I prefer pubs to clubs these days.... In clubs you get stuck up lads and girls... No real conversation, whole lotta bullocks...

Clubs i go to
    1. Coppers
    2. Kyrstle
    3. D2
    4. Dicey Rileys
    5. Dandelions
    6. Capitol
    7. Tonic

All the clubs mentioned are eithe overpriced, meat markets, packed with ponsies...
    Not much to it... Pubs all the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Am amazed by how many people on boards who like Coppers! one of the bigger nightclub owners in Dublin told me that after turning 25 people stop going to nightclubs as much, so maybe that's why I don't go to them anymore

• Advertisement

Went to 21 the other night and it was only €8 and pints were €3. Pity the place was empty.

I don't really have a favourite place in Dublin. Some places are pretty average, some are crap. I've never had consecutive good nights in any place in Dublin.

thats exactly how i feel, theres no where that u want to go, week in week out like.

i think it depends on who ya go out with and wat mood ur in sometimes.

but there are places i hate to go

barcode
    redz
    bondi beach (formerly zanzibar), shud be called skangerland these day
    boomerangs

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Has to be Coppers.

Always good craic there!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Flamingoes,wasnt that the 5th floor above McGraths aka Frazers,and it was a polish nightclub up to last year

I always thought the F in Frazers was superfluous.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Has to be Coppers.

Always good craic there!
    Where is coppers? I never heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Coppers is a dive, full of mucksavages.

Crawdaddy is pretty good, but must say clubs in Dublin are awful. After being all over the continent you really realsie how **** the clubs in Dublin actually are...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JoeCrow

Hello Everyone,

I’ve read in a political book somewhere that there are certain pubs in Dublin that have a reputation for gossip. It mentions such pubs as Doheny and Nesbitts, the Shelbourne Hotel and the Unicorn Restaurant, describing the pubs as “watering holes for the chattering classes”.

Is there anyone out there who goes to these establishments and if yes, is there any truth behind this description? Also, are there any other establishments in Dublin that have such a reputation and what are they generally like to drink in?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Every pub is good for gossip!!
    These pubs are only mentioned due to their proximity to Government buildings and usual clientele of those in the business and media world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Wheres good for cheap drink tonight? Bondi (old Zanzibar) is only 2 euro per drink according to their bebo. Anyone know of some others? How much is Q Bar on Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 daveldol1

Folks,

I have just retuined to Dublin. When I was here before I used to go to Sachs Nightclub. There were always more mature women there. Sachs seems to be closed now. Where do women over 40 go for a night out theses days?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Not a PI so moved to Dublin City.
    B

Advertisement