Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Pub and Club mega-thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 frenchtaxi

just a quick question for a friend of mine, who is trying to organise a birthday...

she plans to go out on a tuesday... but where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shiMy

no one really goes out on tuesday nite tho
    wen is it?:rolleyes:
    citi bar is normally good tho on a tue

27th i think...

not the biggest fan of citi bar tbh! had some bad nights there!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

try doing a search or going to this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055412594

ok, could anyone tell me the best nightclub in dublin on a tuesday night?

a friend of mine is trying to organise some type of birthday party or something!

cheers

• Advertisement

edit: moved from another thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shiMy

actually nyone know what qbar 21s purty kitchen or spy's like on tues??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

a lot of clubs do drink promos during the week, so theyre busy with students.coppers is busy every night of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

Sin E was fairly busy last tuesday night FWIW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I haven't been to this place, any opinions on it for tonight (Sunday).

IE. Any decent music or food and whats the crowd like?.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I don't think there's live music regular. Usually just occassions such as Holloween, Paddy's etc. although that could have changed in the last 6months and they could have found a regular use for the baby grand in the corner. Nice clean pub with a nice clean clientle. Mixed ages but generally in the late 20's to swinging 50's. Now I say swinging for a reason. I've drank in there quite a bit and did notice quite a few early middle aged couples where the lady of the partnership had a very roving eye and none too subtle gestures. This was noticed by more than me and more than once.
    But it's a decent fancy pub with smart trimmings. I've eaten in the restuarant twice and it was ok. I think it has notions of being more than they serve though. I give big minus points if I see garlic chili sauce dressing more than one dish on the menu.
    Look smart casual and keep a watch out for the glad eye coming from conspicuos couples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

^^

Thanks, didn't sound like my kinda place atm so I went to Campions then on elsewhere.

Although I haven't ruled it out completely, I just don't need sleeze right at this point in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

Crawdaddy(Antics) is best for Wednesday nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Millsy91

Going out this Thursday and am looking for a list of places with drinks promotions, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Millsy91 wrote: »
    Going out this Thursday and am looking for a list of places with drinks promotions, cheers

Twenty One on D'Ollier St. has €3 drinks.
    Bondi on Ormond Quay has €3 drinks.

Purty Kitchen has drinks promotions on aswell on a Thursday, not sure what they are tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

every second place has drink promos on thursdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Few people are going to town next Thursday.... pub crowd not night club/bar... so anywhere with promotions?
    I don't see us in Purty, Bondi or Twenty one... most of the lads are in their late 30's and early 40's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Few people are going to town next Thursday.... pub crowd not night club/bar... so anywhere with promotions?
    I don't see us in Purty, Bondi or Twenty one... most of the lads are in their late 30's and early 40's

Eh? Thursday night is another student night, you'll either get students or schoolkids with the odd aul fella thrown in on Thursdays. Just look for anywhere with drinks promos for a young crowd, I've never seen an old crowd in 21's for example. Quinns was awesome this Thursday though, althought that may be down to DCU results night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lovemonger

In IRL wrote: »
    Hello, does anyone know if there are any sheesha bars in Dublin? Not where you buy sheesha but where you smoke them? I miss it so... :D
    There IS a place you can smoke sheesha. Its called the... err "'something' tea rooms". Its on the quays (north) just a little before Sine if your coming from O'Connell (ormond quay??). It actually really nice and bigger than you'd think. Finding it is the tough part, its down a spiral staircase (yeah, if your not sure you should go down then thats the one). Really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lovemonger

ah, its called "Tea Garden" and its on lower ormond quay.
    http://www.britishblogs.co.uk/categories/tea-garden-dublin/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

2 euro drinks in Citibar on Tuesdays and Wednesday is good. tener in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

As a result of this thread http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055498449 I was told by 11811 that the cheapest pub in Dublin is Barrys at 2.90 a pint. Now i presume they mean Barrys Hotel? Anyone been there? Looks like a kip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anywhere decent do cheap drinks on a sunday???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

lovemonger wrote: »
    ah, its called "Tea Garden" and its on lower ormond quay.
    http://www.britishblogs.co.uk/categories/tea-garden-dublin/
    went there yesterday, I like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Was in mcgownas of churchtown last week.Its 4 quid a pint and all spirits and bottles are 3 quid.
    Mind you its full of headwreckers..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Degsy wrote: »
    Mind you its full of headwreckers..

I could think of stronger words than that to use... :p

Did you get 101 questions off the bouncers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Slunk wrote: »
    Anywhere decent do cheap drinks on a sunday???

Sin E do 3 euro pints of Guinness I believe.

They do indeed, Sunday & Monday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fajitas! wrote: »

Did you get 101 questions off the bouncers?

Not at all...just greeeted me on the way in.

• Advertisement

Ah ok, good stuff. My friends would often get a minor interogation going in :)

Advertisement