Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which one should I go for?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Both IS200 & celica are getting very common with the civic (boyracer) brigade so I wouldnt, unless you are one of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

i had a lexus is200 for 2 years and it never missed a beat,very comfortable to drive,very strong engine.i had the se model but if was going for 1 now id go for the sport.super car all round would strongly recommened buying one.

the celica is a good car also ,as both are made by toyota you cant go wrong but id push for the is200.

good luck with your choice.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

mickdw wrote: »
    Both IS200 & celica are getting very common with the civic (boyracer) brigade so I wouldnt, unless you are one of them!

for starters the celica is supposed to be a sportscar so is aimed at younger people and the is200 isnt a boyracer car i think your refering to the altezza rs200.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

markos79 wrote: »
    for starters the celica is supposed to be a sportscar so is aimed at younger people and the is200 isnt a boyracer car i think your refering to the altezza rs200.

Ya but then there's the lads who think an IS is the same thing, or are made believe to.

I run from that Soarer anyway, and as far as the other two are concerned, both great cars, just depends on your needs. Alot of lads go off and buy 2 doors, and with the luck of the draw end up needing four a few weeks down the line lol:rolleyes:

But really, tough choice between the two, both cracking cars imo. Uo to your wants and needs really.q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Mrbrianmolko

Well im not a boy racer anyway but am well aware that they are boith starting to get the boyracer Civic image. if i had the money id get a DC5 Integra (irrespective of the boy racer image).

I currently ahve an Alfa GTV, love it but just want a change now as ive had it a good year and a half.

Dont really have any special wants, am slightly learning towards the Celica though. Sometimes when I look at them though they just look horrible. At 24 I think the IS might still be a bit grown up for me and I have plenty of time to own a nice Lexus in the future! But there si a bit of class about them!

Just seen the Soarer and thought id like one, cheap enough to would be a good car for a few months id say...

Argh dunno what to do!

• Advertisement

markos79 wrote: »

Firstly, the majority of that model celica here are 140bhp so that aint a sports car and imo is aimed at a girly market.
    Secondly, Im talking about these cars falling into the hands of the clowns who used to drive clapped out civics but only as these models become old enough for these guys to afford one.
    And thirdly I was not referring to the altezza. there are large numbers of year early IS200 being bought by young guys who would never go anywhere near them except for the fact that it resembles the powerful japanese import. the image of the is200 has suffered because of this in mayo at least

Well im not a boy racer anyway but am well aware that they are boith starting to get the boyracer Civic image. if i had the money id get a DC5 Integra (irrespective of the boy racer image).

I currently ahve an Alfa GTV, love it but just want a change now as ive had it a good year and a half.

Dont really have any special wants, am slightly learning towards the Celica though. Sometimes when I look at them though they just look horrible. At 24 I think the IS might still be a bit grown up for me and I have plenty of time to own a nice Lexus in the future! But there si a bit of class about them!

Just seen the Soarer and thought id like one, cheap enough to would be a good car for a few months id say...

Argh dunno what to do!

You will find the 'toyotas' too dull after running the alfa. I mean you probably wont have to spend a penny on the IS200 or the Celica!

If I wanted a car for a year or so and was prepared to give it away after, and had some money to throw at repairs & running costs, I would have the Soarer just because I could.

and markos79, when I called both cars toyotas above, I was not confusing the lexus IS200 with the Toyota altezza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Mrbrianmolko

ye but i think i fancy something a bit more boring, the gtv is a crazy fecker of a car and now i want something a little bit more normal

Which engine have you got in the gtv?

Advertisement